Congratulations to the 8 finalists for this year’s Pitch 360, which will take place during Merging Media 2011 on October 28th at SFU Woodwards in Vancouver. The organizers received 3 times more entries than they did last year for the Merging Media 2011Pitch 360 and Masterclass when the deadline rolled in last week.
Cross-media development in our community has grown substantially across multiple media platforms, and they are pleased to present the eight projects chosen to battle it out for the Pitch 360 BC Film + Media $10,000 Award:
- “Roamancing” – Erica Hargreave from Ahimsa Media Inc.
- “thisspace.ca” – Kate Green from Kate Green Productions
- “The Odyssey of Charlie and Kaspar “ – Jason Krowe from Landbridge Productions
- “RunAway” – Liz Scully of Leaping Lizard Productions
- “Skid Road; the Great Fire” – Jules Molloy from MediaSphere Productions
- “SNAG + Hero Dogs” – Steve Boska from PugPharm
- “The Stacey Project” – Elizabeth Becker from Resonating Films
- “Lost and Found”- Marc Stephenson from Sheep Noir Films
Merging+Media Conference+Masterclass participants are also invited to International B2B matchmaking sessions supported by the Federal Government of Canada and the BC Government on Friday, October 28th. Request to meet Merging Media delegates from top media companies like Youtube, Amazon, Lionsgate and Google at the full day sessions at W2 Media Cafe.
This is your opportunity to:
- pitch or discuss an idea with industry leaders
- find mutually advantageous opportunities
- explore partnerships with US delegates from key media organizations
To find out about companies with matching interests and to send your profile, contact B2B coordinator Julian Haigh at email@example.com.
Two day passes are still available for this year’s Merging Media, which takes place on October 27th and 28th, but register soon before they’re all gone.