Ontario’s Extreme Ease Software, a developer of enterprise help authoring, PDF publishing, content management and knowledgebase management, has announced the availability of its latest release, HelpConsole 2010 Service Pack 5. In this release, HelpConsole includes a newly redesigned PDF publishing engine, improved language translation, improved support for mobile devices including iPhone and Android phones, and provides full development support for all modern browsers including IE, Firefox Safari, Chrome and Opera.“We’re excited to announce these improvements to language support, and faster PDF generation in both the download version and the cloud version of HelpConsole 2010. This release is a big step forward in the evolution of HelpConsole. This takes us one step forward in providing the most intuitive, yet powerful help authoring tool on the market”, said James Dean, President of Extreme Ease.
Redesigned PDF Engine: The HelpConsole 2010 PDF engine has been completely redesigned, and is now faster and able to publish much larger PDF Manuals.
Improved Language Support: Any aspect of the interface can be translated to any language including right-to-left languages such as Arabic and Hebrew.
Improved Support for Mobile Devices: Both dynamic and static help systems can be viewed on any mobile device. When viewed on a mobile device such as an iPhone, the help content is automatically reformatted for the smaller screen.
Full Support for all Browsers: This latest release of HelpConsole 2010 SP5 supports help system development in all modern browsers including IE 9, Chrome 14, Firefox 7, Safari 5, and Opera 11.
Other Features & Benefits Include:
• Flash videos: Include tutorial videos, product demos, support videos, etc.
• YouTube videos: Easily embed YouTube videos into any help page.
• Import existing content (Word, Excel, HTML, RoboHelp, FrameMaker, etc)
• Easy to use: HelpConsole was designed to be easy-to-use. No training required.
• Google Analytics: Track performance and usage with Google Analytics
• Team Authoring: Authors at various locations can easily create and update help content.
• Approval Process: Allow administrators to approve content that is added or updated.
• Activity Log: Track reader & admin actions such as adding a page, searches & page views.
• In-place Editing: Authors can instantly login and make changes to a help system as needed.
HelpConsole 2010 is affordably priced for as little as US$99.00 for the lite edition and up to US$1499 for the enterprise edition. HelpConsole 2010 can be purchased from Extreme Ease Software. Upgrades from HelpConsole 2008 are priced at 50% of the retail price.