Big Blue Bubble, in conjunction with DIG 2011 Game and Web Developers Conference, has created a great game design competition for anyone with a game design idea. All you have to do is describe your game concept in less than 500 words, attach up to two relevant images or sound files, and submit your idea to the judges. Final day for entry is October 3rd, with the winner being announced on November 7th. The winner will get to work with a team of Big Blue Bubble programmers, artists and producers to create their very own game. There are a few conditions which apply, so please see the full competition guidelines below:
Game Design Competition Guidelines and Rules
* We are encouraging people to submit designs that can be achieved in the short development cycles.
* Game platform must be Android, PC, Mac or iPhone.
* Entries must be received online via the Competition online submission form:
o Text description of the game concept is capped at 500 words maximum
o Two files may be uploaded (images or sound) in the following formats (.jpg, .png, .wav, MP3) to a total maximum of 10 meg
* Competition entrants may submit their idea/concept for a video game to be made by Big Blue Bubble
* Competition entrants must be 16 years or older and a resident of Canada
* In order to win, entrants will be required to provide proof of age and residency
* Competition winner(s) must participate in the game design at Big Blue Bubble in London, Ontario. Any travel or accommodation costs are at the winners own expense.
* Competition winner(s) must attend DIG 2011 in London, Ontario on November 16, 2011 with an appropriate conference pass.
* Signed disclaimers and release waivers will be required of all winners.
* Winner’s concept gets made into a game by Big Blue Bubble
* Winner will spend time with the Big Blue Bubble team at their office, working with programmers & artists to design and produce their game
* Winner will receive final product and rights to do what they’d like with it
* The winner and their game get recognition at the DIG 2011 Keynote Dinner
* Honourable mentions will get the opportunity to meet/talk with selected members of Big Blue Bubble Staff to discuss their game concepts
*All decisions made by Big Blue Bubble concerning the Competition are final with no right of appeal.
Non-Confidential, Unrestricted Information:
NO information or materials sent to DIG 2011 through its web site will be deemed confidential. By forwarding any information or material through this web site, you are granting DIG 2011 an unrestricted license and permission to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit and distribute those materials or information, and you also agree that DIG 2011 is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques that you send us for any purpose whatsoever.