Since 2009, GuestLogix, Inc. has opened up its knowledge base to airline, rail and travel customers, as well as channel partners and vendors, to examine the future of the onboard environment, and the sales and revenue opportunities presented by emerging technology onboard. In doing so, GuestLogix has created a unique industry community gathering focused specifically on growing onboard sales and is expecting over 100 delegates from the world’s leading airlines including Delta, United and KLM to attend this year.
The 2011 GuestLogix User Group Conference brings together many of the industry’s leaders and provides a unique platform in which airlines and travel operators can all share their experiences of new onboard initiatives, allowing the onboard eco-system to better understand both the challenges and successes, and changing industry needs, in expanding the onboard retail environment.
The 2011 GuestLogix User Group Conference, being held in Toronto, October 3-5, 2011, will feature prominent speakers from the world’s largest airlines and travel operators, and breakout and panel presentations that will address how technology is impacting onboard operations and the consumer travel experience.
The theme of this year’s conference: Harness the Power of Technology will focus on driving ancillary revenue growth while keeping passengers connected through technology with panel and educational sessions including:
- Mobile Platform Launch – featuring executives from GuestLogix including Tom Douramakos, President & CEO and Jose-Manuel Aldomar, VP, Product, unveiling the Company’s new OnTouch® Mobile Platform, and attendees will have the opportunity to view how the platform works and how it is perceived from the passenger’s perspective;
- Becoming a Global Merchant and Preparing for Tomorrow’s Payment Types – with leaders in the field discussing new payment technologies to the ever changing certification standards in the processing world, and how can you ensure that you are keeping your passengers secure, your enterprise compliant while taking advantage of new and convenient payment types;
- Monetizing IFE through Secure Payments and Retail Experience – with panel experts including Adam Williams, Marketing Director, digEcor, and Maryse Thomas, CEO, Pokeware discussing the unique new opportunities to create a more customer-centric IFE experience with the help of innovative technology in order to generate new revenue streams and create profitable in-flight programs; and
- And, Buy On Board Excellence: What Makes a Winning Program – featuring experts presenting the opportunities for airlines to deliver a more robust buy-onboard program that monetizes the passenger experience, developing a complete onboard retail strategy.
The conference agenda has been designed to engage participants to discuss the present and future of onboard retail technology and emerging new technology that maximizes sales opportunities while keeping today’s travelers connected in an increasingly tech-driven environment.
GuestLogix will also announce the winners of the 2011 POSie Awards, the peer reviewed and first and only awards dedicated to onboard retail innovation, which will be bestowed to companies and individuals in the passenger travel industry. Established by GuestLogix’ Board of Directors and industry partners to recognize outstanding leadership in the deployment of onboard retail solutions and enhancing passenger experience, the 2011 POSie Award winners will be announced at the closing session of GuestLogix’ third annual User Group Conference. The award categories include:
- Highest Revenue per Flight for a Buy On Board Program;
- Largest Increase in Flight Revenues;
- Best Onboard Merchandising Strategy and;
- Most Innovative Use of the GuestLogix Platform.
The 2011 GuestLogix User Group Conference, taking place from October 3 – 5 in Toronto at the downtown Hilton, promises innovative and educational and panel sessions, networking opportunities with key personnel who are at the forefront of driving onboard store technology innovation and ancillary revenue generation, and will introduce new products, technologies and strategies to help take onboard retailing to the next level.