Devolutions has announced a major update to its Remote Desktop Manager, an application that enables users to securely and rapidly add, edit, delete, share, organize and find their remote connections/virtual machines. This latest version of Remote Desktop Manager (6.5), which compliments the firm’s Remote Desktop Manager Online platform, is available in two editions — Standard and Enterprise – and offers more security, versatility, integration and team-oriented features, including:
- added control over securing, storing, sharing and organizing sensitive information
- built-in cloud file browser to add, edit and share content safely and transparently online with Amazon S3, Microsoft Windows Azure and Dropbox
- enhanced password management and credentials management through integration with Password Safe, Password Vault Manager and other tools
- out-of-the-box support for TheGreenBow VPN (plug-in no longer required)
- enhanced log exporting, commenting, and searching
- powerful new security features including XML encryption with master key and more
- improved report viewer to retrieve and export data
As with earlier versions, Remote Desktop Manager will continue to offer built-in support for Microsoft Remote Desktop, Terminal Services, VNC, LogMeIn, Team Viewer, FTP, SSH, Telnet, Dameware, X Window, VMware, Virtual PC, PC Anywhere, Hyper-V, Citrix, Radmin, Microsoft Remote Assistance, Oracle Virtual Box and more.
“Our vision for releasing this major Remote Desktop Manager update – our third in the last year – is inspired by listening to our customers,” commented Devolutions’ CEO and founder David Hervieux. “Responding to our customers’ needs is the driving force behind our commitment to innovation and continuous product development.”
Additional release information and a complete overview of new Remote Desktop Manager 6.5 features are available online. Prospective users can also download and enjoy a 30-day free trial. No credit card is required and the download version is fully-functional.