Telefilm Canada will be holding the first of a three part panel discussion luncheon on September 9th in the Filmmakers’ Lounge at the Hyatt Regency Hotel. A Toronto International Film Festival partner event, the Question and Answer session will be hosted by Telefilm Canada Executive Director Carolle Brabant and moderated by Tom McSorley, Executive Director of the Canadian Film Institute, with opening remarks by Atom Egoyan, director of Chloe and The Sweet Hereafter.
The future of Canadian cinema is here and it is now. This panel discussion brings together filmmakers who’ve just made that elusive first feature. Whether it’s making the transition from shorts to features, the exciting opportunities of making films with digital media, or the aesthetic possibilities afforded creators by new technologies, these young directors will discuss how they got here and where they intend to go.
Directors who will be participating in the panel are as follows:
- Simon Davidson, The Odds, Canada First!
- Guy Édoin, Wetlands (Marécages), Canada First!
- Anne Émond, Nuit #1, Canada First!
- Ivan Grbovic, Romeo Eleven (Roméo Onze), Canada First!
- Yonah Lewis and Calvin Thomas, Amy George, Canada First!
- Nathan Morlando, Edwin Boyd, Special Presentations
There will also be panels held on September 12th and 14th, but details have not yet been released.