via newsletter: The Digital Media and Wireless Association of British Columbia’s ( DigiBC) core focus is to help build a strong – globally competitive — digital media and wireless community. DigiBC has several members that are leading companies in the animation, special effects, video games, social and wireless industries. We currently have a number of initiatives underway to improve our value to all our members and sponsors in this community.
One of those initiatives include the launch of a brand new dynamic and interactive website powered by Vancouver-based SilkStart Technology Inc. This new website leverages the latest social networking technology to engage and empower our members.
Say goodbye to the old static website and say hello to a new website that will empower our members to engage and improve their connections in the digital media and wireless community. DigiBC members can now easily update their company profile for the membership directory, post relevant news and lead relevant discussions to engage the community. Other new features include:
- Members will be able to follow each other and get the latest updates on events, discussions, profiles, product updates and more. As a member you will have access to the membership directory, company profiles, events calendar, shared links, discussions, videos and documents
- Members can post their events under the discussions Community
- Integrated connections for member to Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Dedicated space for digital media and wireless subgroups that will be able to create their own space to share within their community
- Member access to specialized industry reports
- Job board for members to post employment opportunities
In addition to the new website, DigiBC member benefits such as extended health, dental and life plan will soon be added.