The Quebecor Fund Board of Directors is pleased to announce the names of the four production companies and three distributors whose projects will receive second-round funding under the Event and Film Production Assistance Program (EFPAP), following June 3, 2011 submissions. The distributors whose projects were selected will share a total of $675,000 in funding. The following companies are involved in those productions: feature film producers Go Films L.P.R.S. Inc., Christal Films Productions Inc., Les Films Camera Oscura Inc. and micro_scope inc.; and distributors Alliance Vivafilm Inc., Christal Films Inc. and Filmoption International Inc.
Quebecor Fund’s EFPAP program seeks to capture synergies with all industry stakeholders in order to:
- support the production of Canadian French-language feature films;
- support multiplatform exploitation of feature films and, in particular, foster integrated marketing strategies with an interactive component, starting from the development stage;
- enable the creative and production teams to produce a work as close as possible to their original creative vision;
- support television coverage of French-language events with Canadian content;
- support television coverage of events with integrated promotion and distribution on multiple platforms, including TV on demand;
- help recipients realize a return on investment in order to increase the Fund’s impact.
Quebecor Fund, a major source of financing for the production of Canadian television content, is an independent fund with a mission to support the production of Canadian content intended for television broadcast. Quebecor Fund backs television and film production, as well as the production of related interactive multimedia components that use new information and communication technologies, particularly platforms such as high-speed Internet, interactive television (ITV), video on demand (VoD), and/or various fixed and mobile devices.
Quebecor Fund was established through Videotron Ltd., which provides over $7.2 million annually in broadcasting distribution undertaking (BDU) contributions to the Canadian industry. Under its new Event and Film Production Assistance Program (EFPAP), launched in September 2010, Quebecor Fund has granted financial assistance totalling more than $1.5 million in its first two rounds of funding.
- Producer: Go Films L.P.R.S. Inc. – Distributor: Alliance Vivafilm Inc.
Michel Dumont is charged, tried and convicted of sexual assault, all the while protesting his innocence. A 10-year-long David and Goliath saga set in modern times that raises basic questions about guilt and innocence.
- Producer: Christal Films Productions Inc. – Distributor: Christal Films Inc.
A 12-year-old hockey player must overcome multiple obstacles to lead his team in the world pee-wee hockey tournament in Québec City.
- Producer: Les Films Camera Oscura Inc. – Distributor: Filmoption International Inc.
A young Aboriginal man and a depressed crime kingpin become friends; a ruined Italian man risks everything to save his wife; a banned doctor flees the Chinese triads. Because of a mad Mafia boss, their paths intersect.
- Producer: micro_scope inc. – Distributor: Christal Films Inc.
Chloé, a young Québec obstetrician, works in a Palestinian refugee camp. She experiences the checkpoints and the separation wall; she sees war and those who wage it.