Vancouver – The BC Innovation Council (BCIC) is pleased to announce that submissions are now being accepted for the annual BCIC Awards, to be presented at Connect ’09, BCIC’s premier event for technology start-ups and innovators. Connect ’09 takes place on Monday, October 19, 2009 at the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre and will provide start-up companies and innovators invaluable access to top-tier BC business leaders.
Connect ’09 highlights:
– Featured Speaker: Leonard Brody – Be inspired by this internationally recognized Canadian technology entrepreneur, venture capitalist, best-selling author and business visionary.
– Unique Structured Networking – Learn directly from prominent BC technology leaders invited for the vital purpose of sharing their experience with technology start-ups and innovators.
– Expert Panels – Learn the techniques and strategies from industry experts and entrepreneurial case studies that directly impact a start-up’s success.
– Get Fundable – Access to capital in the current economic climate
– Friends in High Places – Leveraging partnerships to accelerate growth
– The Accelerator Factor – Case studies on the benefits and value of accelerators
– The Design Imperative – Optimizing commercialization through product design
– Technology Expo – Discover emerging innovations from academic institutions in BC.
– Awards – Awards will be presented for exceptional achievement in, or potential for, commercialization of technology.
Submissions are now being accepted for the following awards:
– BCIC Ripples of Hope Award in Biotechnology & Entrepreneurship – recognizes a graduate student, postdoctorate fellow or postgraduate collaborating on an entrepreneurship initiative in the biotechnology industry in BC. Award Value: $35,000
– Emerging Technology Award – recognizes a new venture at the pre-investment stage that has developed an innovative technology in BC. Award Value: Up to $25,000 towards commercialization services
– Entrepreneurship Fellow Award – recognizes a faculty member at a BC post-secondary institution who is a leader in technology innovation and commercialization. Award Value: $25,000 for entrepreneurship education or commercialization initiatives
How to Apply:
The deadline to submit applications or nominations is Monday, September 21, 2009. Visit BCIC online for detailed award submission guidelines.
Recipients of these awards are among BC’s brightest in their fields, and their outstanding contributions continue to drive innovation in the province.
Connect ’09 Details:
Date: Monday, October 19, 2009
Location: Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre – 1088 Burrard Street, Vancouver V6Z 2R9
Time: 4:30 pm Registration
5:00 pm Expert Panels
6:00 pm Structured Networking & Stand-up Dinner Buffet
8:00 pm Leonard Brody, Featured Speaker and Awards
9:00 pm Networking
Tickets: Available online at the BCIC web site
Early-bird price: $40(*)
Regular price: $50
(*) Purchase your ticket before August 28, 2009 and be entered to win one of two seats in the Strategic Sales Leadership course offered by the Sauder School of Business. The course is designed for senior sales and marketing leaders who are directly responsible for driving their company’s profitability, growth and brand equity in the market. (Value: $1,095)