Victoria – The TCS Bootcamp, being held on Tuesday September 15, is a full day event being offered by the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service in partnership with VIATeC. This event starts with a morning seminar that first teaches you what California investors are looking for, then helps you to polish your pitch. The morning session is open to any individual who wants to learn how to access investors. The seminar will be held at the Vancouver Island Technology Park Conference Centre in Victoria, BC
In the afternoon you will pitch your company to a panel of California investors and local judges. You will receive instant feedback from the panel on your product and presentation. All ICT (Information and Communication Technology) emerging tech companies are eligible to apply for the limited number of presenter spots available. Applicants will be juried before the event.
After the presentations in the afternoon, the 6-8 Vancouver Island ICT companies who stand the best chance of success in California will be invited to the next round of presentations in Silicon Valley and San Diego.
To attend the morning seminar or present to the panel, please contact Deanne Turnbull Loverock or Michelle Gaetz at VIATeC. Due to the popularity of this event in other cities across Canada, please register early to ensure your seat.
Details in Brief:
Pitch Preparation topics will include:
• What are California investors looking for?
• Presenting your go to market strategy and your business model. Is your business fundable?
•How to effectively present the problem, the opportunity and the solution.
• Presenting who’s on your team, establishing credibility etc.
• How to present your evaluation of the competition.
Pitching Session to a Review Board of Investment Professionals
• 10-minute company pitch to local and California investors
• Instant pitch feedback by the Board
• Unwind after an intense day of preparation and presentations
• Opportunity to spend quality time with local as well as California-based investors, participants and entrepreneurs in an informal setting
Please visit VIATeC’s site to download a full PDF brochure for this event. There is an event scheduled for the Vancouver area on Monday, September 15th but details have not yet been released.