Vancouver – BCIC (BC Innovation Council) is sponsoring the webcast of Angel Forums’ Exit Strategies for Investors and Entrepreneurs – An Investor Ready workshop. The film should be available on the web by March 23 – details to follow.
Who should attend?
This unique workshop is targeted to entrepreneurs (the wrong exit strategy may scare off investors), angels (know how your investment will pay off) and advisors.
Content & Speakers:
This workshop is designed to be highly interactive for all attendees in a confidential protected environment (no solicitations). The format will be a blend of presentations, war stories by local experts, and lots of time for Q&A and networking.
- Why it’s essential to have a clear exit strategy before starting to look for investors.
- Who are the buyers for tech companies today?
- Most exits are under $30 million – local (and other) examples of exits under $30 million.
- In BC we are really good at early exits – results of UBC research.
- Why most entrepreneurs present the wrong exit strategy to investors.
- Differences between angels and VCs.
- Planning for a successful exit with legal, tax and financing – things you should be doing now.
- Role of M&A Advisor or Business Broker – executing your exit.
- How to get 50% more when you sell your company.
- Exit timeline and when to tell your team.
- Valuation and the Legal process.
- Case Study – the Parasun Exits.
Monday, March 9, 2009
7:30 am to 5:30 pm
Room 7000, 7th floor of SFU Harbour Centre
515 West Hastings St.