CIBC has furthered its mobile innovation for clients by launching its mobile stock trading App to investors across the country. The new CIBC Mobile Brokerage App will empower investors by giving them the opportunity to make trades on the go through their mobile device, in addition to a wide range of features to help clients stay on top of the market including real-time quotes, portfolio monitoring, and more.
“We are excited to be the first bank in Canada to deliver a mobile stock trading App to Canadian investors through our new CIBC Mobile Brokerage App,” said Michael Martin, Senior Vice-President, Alternate Channels, CIBC. “Investors will now be able to receive market information and make trades in real-time through their mobile device, without having to get to their computer. We know from research that there is huge demand for the benefits that this App will provide. It will change the investing landscape across Canada.”
The CIBC Mobile Brokerage App is available to clients using an iPhone, BlackBerry, or Android device, and offers features to meet the growing demand from Canadians to have access to their finances while on the go, including the ability to:
- Buy and sell stocks
- View cash and margin balances, book values, and market values for individual account holdings
- Search for stocks
- Transfer cash between your CIBC brokerage and bank accounts
- View market indices, commodities and exchange rate information
- Get quick quotes on stock prices
- Create/modify Watch Lists for an at-a-glance view of stocks
- View the status of your trades and cash transfers, and
- View the transaction history for your account
“The market can move quickly, and our clients are increasingly looking to stay connected to market developments at all times,” added Mr. Martin. “The new CIBC Mobile Brokerage App represents the next level of access and choice for investors in how they manage their portfolios. Clients will be able to execute trades while they are away from their computer, on the golf course, or even from their deck at the cottage.”
Mobile trades made with the new App using a CIBC Investor’s Edge account are eligible for $6.95 per trade pricing for investors with combined balances of $100,000 or more in CIBC products. This pricing structure was introduced in January for online trades and has proven very popular with investors. “Not only are we introducing mobile trading to Canadian investors, but we continue to offer outstanding value to clients through our $6.95 per trade pricing for CIBC’s Investor’s Edge clients,” added Mr. Martin.
Today’s launch is the latest in a series of mobile innovations from CIBC. In February 2010, CIBC launched its mobile banking App, and client feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. More recently, the bank launched the CIBC Home Advisor App, free to all Canadians homebuyers. The App provides access to neighbourhood pricing trends and demographics along with the ability to access mortgage calculators and advice.
posted in Business News, National News, New Releases By: Tami | Print This Post
Adconion Media Group has announced the expansion and enhancement of Joost’s innovative video offerings in Canada effective immediately. Refreshed with a new logo, Joost is committed to building brands online by providing premium brand solutions for Canadian advertisers and marketers seeking to reach their targeted audience with engaging and high impact in-stream and in-banner video advertising.
Joost offers a suite of advanced products to help advertisers obtain greater reach and scale with online videos. Joost products include pre-roll, in-banner video and expandable and Splash Ad video units. It also provides exclusive site and inventory representation, and offers full page overlays, roadblocks and custom site skins and integrations – all providing a more comprehensive set of powerful tools to better achieve partners’ ROI.
Supporting Adconion Canada’s growing video market share is its recent VAST 2.0 certification. Adconion is one of the first ad networks to become IAB VAST 2.0 compliant in Canada. The objective of VAST is to overcome the challenge of the various technologies in play by providing a standardized communication between ad servers and video players. IAB research over the last two years has indicated that in-stream video has grown and VAST will play a significant part in its roll out.
Understanding and adopting the leading industry’s authority in video standardization, Adconion Canada now can greatly improve 3rd party video integrations by making the process more effective and seamless to both publishers and networks. Campaigns will run more efficiently across multiple properties. And by being at the forefront of marketplace change, Adconion Canada is poised to significantly increase the number of pre-roll ads it can serve, as well as allowing it to accept 3rd party ad serving redirects.
“We are committed to bring to market the best brand solutions for our partners,” said Tina Mooney, VP of Adconion Canada. “With Joost’s cutting edge products and adopting the industry’s latest practices, we know that we can shift brand metrics from TV to online. And this is just the beginning.”
In Canada, Adconion reaches more than 14 million unique monthly visitors. Globally, Adconion reaches nearly 325 million unique users, or one-quarter of the global Internet population, every month.
posted in Business News, National News By: Tami | Print This Post
TELETOON Canada Inc. has unveiled its fall 2011 lineup for TELETOON, TELETOON at Night and TELETOON Retro featuring new series and new seasons of popular returning programs on all three schedules. Launching Monday September 5, the new slate is full of comedy and action and is sure to keep viewers on the edge of their seats with unexpected surprises all season long.
“We have something exciting in store for viewers of any age with new series premiering on TELETOON, TELETOON at Night and TELETOON Retro this fall along with a whole host of returning favourites,” said Carole Bonneau, Vice President, Programming, TELETOON Canada inc. “Our lineup of original productions continues to grow with Crash Canyon and the popular Jimmy-Two Shoes and Johnny Test. Meanwhile we’ve bolstered our schedule with acquisitions such as The Looney Tunes Show, Hole in the Wall and season four of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, to name just a few.”
Some highlights of this Fall’s lineup include:
- The Looney Tunes Show – an all-new modern comedy series featuring all of your favourite Looney Tunes characters with fresh designs and a vivid, contemporary animation style.
- Hole in the Wall - one of the trickiest, fastest, funniest and wettest live-action game shows on the planet.
- My Life Me - follow Birch Small as she attempts to fit in as she and her friends fumble with teen angst and their identities as they navigate new social terrain at a cooperative high school in this animated series.
- Beyond Human (Working Title) - host Daniel Browning Smith scours the globe for people with unique genetic traits that translate into remarkable powers.
- Young Justice - Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian and Artemis prove themselves worthy of their responsibilities as superheroes and future members of the Justice League.
- Best Ed - following the unlikely friendship between a good natured dog named Ed and a bumbling squirrel named Buddy.
- Meta Jets - an elite flying team made up of four young pilots protect the world from evil while competing for world racing supremacy on the Aerial Racing Circuit.
Returning favourites to TELETOON’s daytime lineup includes new seasons of TELETOON original productions Jimmy-Two Shoes and Johnny Test as well as new installments of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Ben 10: Ultimate Alien and Adventure Time with Finn and Jake. In addition to the new series and new seasons, a five-episode sneak-peek of the new TELETOON original production, Detentionaire, will air during the week of September 12 to 16.
TELETOON at Night New and returning series this fall include:
- Crash Canyon – this new TELETOON original production developed by Joel Cohen (co-executive producer of The Simpsons) follows the Wendell family as they take a life-altering turn when they drive off a cliff and land at the bottom of a canyon in Alberta. With no way out, the Wendells are forced to build a life for themselves in their new home – Crash Canyon.
- Futurama - this epic animated sci-fi comedy from Matt Groening (creator of The Simpsons) returns this fall with new episodes featuring Fry, Leela, Bender and the rest of the Planet Express crew as they tackle life in New New York in the year 3000.
- Archer - returning for a second season, the series revolves around the spy agency known as the International Secret Intelligence Service (ISIS) and the lives of its employees. Although their work is daunting and enigmatic, every covert operation doubles as an unmitigated occasion for the ISIS staff to undermine, sabotage and betray each other for personal gains.
- Robot Chicken – Old-school stop-motion animation and fast-paced satire are the hallmarks of this eclectic show created by Seth Green and Matt Senreich. Action figures find new life as players in frenetic sketch-comedy vignettes that skewer TV, movies, music and celebrity. Encore presentations of Robot Chicken continue to air as part of the TELETOON at Night fall lineup.
- Jem – Jerrica Benton runs the Starlight Music Corporation and is also the lead singer of the sensational rock group Jem and the Holograms. The group romps through a series of exciting adventures while inhabiting an outrageous and glamorous world as fashion and music mix with mystery and thrills, all the while competing against the power-hungry Misfits.
- My Pet Monster – Max Smith’s best friend, Monster, happens to have blue fur and a set of fangs. Although he loves Monster dearly, Max is quick to discover that keeping his real live “pet monster” a secret is no easy task.
- Garfield and Friends - based on the comic strip characters created by Jim Davis, each episode features Garfield and his comic comrades Jon, Odie and Nermal as well as antics from Orson, Wade, Sheldon and the rest of the U.S. Acres gang.
- Batman - the classic ’60s live-action show starring Adam West and Burt Ward comes to TELETOON Retro, following the adventures of Batman and his ward, Robin, as they take on Gotham’s most fiendish villains.
- Tom & Jerry Kids - Tom & Jerry have enchanted kids for years; now see the kind of hilarious mischief they created as a playful kitten and a crafty little mouse before they grew up.
- Ned’s Newt - what happens when Ned overfeeds his four-inch-long, lethargic pet newt with Zippo Newt Food? That little, harmless newt turns into a five hundred-pound monster called Newton – the most mischievous, gluttonous, fun playmate ever.
- Looney Tunes - a collection of original theatrical cartoons featuring the hilarious antics of Warner Bros.’ classic animated characters.
- For Better or for Worse – based on the classic comic strip of the same name, the series is an anthology of animated stories featuring the instantly recognizable Patterson family drawn in Lynn Johnston’s signature style.
- King of the Hill - from the creator of Beavis & Butthead, King of the Hill follows the day-to-day activities of propane salesman Hank Hill, his family and their neighbours in a suburban Texas town.
Returning to the TELETOON Retro lineup with new episodes for the fall is the classic Casper & Friends cartoon, following the adventures of everybody’s favourite little ghost as he attempts to make friends with everyone he meets. In addition, The Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers continue to fight the good fight this fall with new episodes airing each week as part of the TELETOON Retro schedule.
posted in Animation, National News By: Tami | Print This Post
In celebration of the release of their new game titled Big Sticky on July 26th, Big Bad Brush has deemed that its other smash hits, Big Bad Flower, Kung Fu Master and Kung Fu Santa will be free for one week, so be sure to take advantage of this rare event and download these popular titles.
Another Big Bad event that you won’t want to miss is the epic release of Big Sticky in the iTunes App Store. Featuring a purple frog prince whose bravery and heroism shines in this epic tale of love. With simple intuitive controls combined with an original gameplay experience, Sticky can propel its tongue out with only a tap to stick to objects above and swing across the screen. Using this swinging action, Sticky must get to the castle door to save the princess hidden within each level. With a total of 51 platformer puzzle levels, there’s always new obstacles and challenges to overcome. Big Sticky, will officially be available on the app store on July 26, 2011 for the iPhone, iPod and iPad, and it will be sure to enchant gamers of all ages!
- Simple intuitive controls with an original gameplay experience
- Using your spider tongue, tap to stick and swing your way through the challenges
- 51 Platform puzzle levels to overcome
- 5 Beautifully illustrated worlds to explore
- Many out of this world princesses to save within each level
- Collect roses and earn gold trophies
- Many obstacles such as fireballs, moving walls, switches and more
- Available on iPhone, iPod and iPad and requires iOS 4.2 or higher
posted in Everyone, Mobile, National News, New Releases, Platform, Puzzle By: Tami | Print This Post
via newsletter: The Digital Media and Wireless Association of British Columbia’s ( DigiBC) core focus is to help build a strong – globally competitive — digital media and wireless community. DigiBC has several members that are leading companies in the animation, special effects, video games, social and wireless industries. We currently have a number of initiatives underway to improve our value to all our members and sponsors in this community.
One of those initiatives include the launch of a brand new dynamic and interactive website powered by Vancouver-based SilkStart Technology Inc. This new website leverages the latest social networking technology to engage and empower our members.
Say goodbye to the old static website and say hello to a new website that will empower our members to engage and improve their connections in the digital media and wireless community. DigiBC members can now easily update their company profile for the membership directory, post relevant news and lead relevant discussions to engage the community. Other new features include:
- Members will be able to follow each other and get the latest updates on events, discussions, profiles, product updates and more. As a member you will have access to the membership directory, company profiles, events calendar, shared links, discussions, videos and documents
- Members can post their events under the discussions Community
- Integrated connections for member to Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Dedicated space for digital media and wireless subgroups that will be able to create their own space to share within their community
- Member access to specialized industry reports
- Job board for members to post employment opportunities
In addition to the new website, DigiBC member benefits such as extended health, dental and life plan will soon be added.
posted in Associations, National News By: Tami | Print This Post
The Canada Media Fund has announced a change to its Versioning Program for 2011-2012. In that Program a project must be completed in its original language before it will be considered eligible for versioning assistance.
Previously, for television series, the CMF required the entire series to be completed before any episode of that series was eligible for versioning assistance. There was an exception, however, for animated series. An animated series could be submitted for versioning assistance once an episode of that series was completed.
The CMF is now extending this exception to live-action series. Starting in 2011-2012, any eligible series, whether animated or live action, can be submitted upon the completion of one of its episodes. Please see section 3.2.1 of the Versioning Program Guidelines (PDF) for more information.
posted in National News By: Tami | Print This Post
The Khronos Group has announced a 3D content development contest with a $500 cash prize for the winner. The open COLLADA format is ideal for creating compelling experiences, but a great example is worth a thousand words. This is where you come in. Help Khronos show the power of COLLADA by creating a compelling piece of 3D content the group can use as an example for its large and growing developer community.
Deadline is Sunday August 7th, 2011 at 11:59PM PST. The winner will be announced at our event at the SIGGRAPH 2011 conference in Vancouver and be awarded the $500. For full details on how to take part please read the Design Brief on the contest page.
posted in Contests, Events, National News By: Tami | Print This Post
Raindance Canada presents an intensive weekend workshop designed to give young filmmakers hands-on experience in screenwriting, producing & directing a short film. Participants in the Weekend Film Workshop For Teens will form film teams and get hands-on experience shooting a film as they take on the key creative roles in film production. A short film will be produced by each team by the end of the weekend, then screened in a mini-festival the following week.
This course is designed for aspiring young filmmakers age 14 and up interested in making films and knowing what it takes to create a viable filmmaking career. The Workshop will be held on August 13th and 14th at the Centre for Social Innovation – Annex on Bathurst in Toronto. The cost for this workshop is $349.00 (+ tax) for non-members, or $319.00 (+ tax) for Raindance Canada members. Announced mentors for this workshop include James Cooper, Yaw Attuah, Charles M. Scott and Brian Smith.
Day One of the workshop will feature a Hands-on Shoot Pre-production session, where participants will undertake the following:
- Writing: Participants complete a short film script using essential story structure.
- Directing: Participants practice shot composition and learn about directing style, storyboards, working with actors & shoot to edit.
- Producing: Participants prepare a script breakdown, budget & negotiate fees, crew and production requirements.
On Day Two, the groups will move on to a day of production in Let’s Make a Movie, where, under the mentorship of industry experts, participants work with actors and a camera operator to direct a short script and bring the film in on time and on budget. By the end of the weekend, each team will have completed pre-production and production of a short film.
For students interested in documentary filmmaking, there is an opportunity to join the documentary team under the mentorship of award-winning filmmaker Chuck Scott to create a documentary project covering this creative weekend.
Participants in this weekend intensive workshop will receive mentoring from industry professionals on the art, business and discipline of a working filmmaker’s life and receive valuable insider advice on starting a viable career in filmmaking in Canada. Participants could also win a chance to be part of the crew to film Raindance Canada’s next Trailer.
After the weekend workshop, there will be a screening of all the completed short films. Each team’s film will be edited by a Film Editor and the completed films will play at an invitation-only screening party at Raindance Toronto. Parents and friends are welcome to attend this red carpet event and celebrate the work of these young filmmakers.
posted in Education, Events, National News By: Tami | Print This Post
IndustriOS Software Inc., developer of IndustriOS manufacturing suite integrated with Sage ERP Accpac is honoured to support the Coast to Coast Against Cancer Foundation with the IndustriOS Golf for Kids with Cancer tournament being held Wednesday September 14, 2011.
The IndustriOS Golf for Kids with Cancer tournament offers IndustriOS and Sage Software customers, partners, friends and family, with the opportunity to enjoy an afternoon of fun-filled golf while raising funds for the Coast to Coast Against Cancer Foundation. Included with the $100 registration fee per golfer are the Green Fee, Electric Cart, Crested Tee Package, Hat, Lunch and Dinner. Friendly competitions, prizes and a 50/50 draw round-out the day for the golfers. Online registration is available. This event is being hosted from 12 Noon to 8:00pm at the Turtle Creek Golf Club in Campbellville, Ontario.
In support of the Coast to Coast Against Cancer Foundation, which benefits children’s cancer charities, this tournament follows the IndustriOS Software tradition of supporting charitable organizations and events such as Tour for Kids and the Arthritis Society’s Joints in Motion, and now Coast to Coast Against Cancer Foundation. This impressive charitable organization raised $4.7 million in 2010, and is the only national childhood cancer charity in Canada. All receiptable funds, obtained through initiatives and events that promote healthy living, are delegated to charities and programs supported by the Coast to Coast Against Cancer Foundation to help improve the survival and quality of life of children and their families afflicted with cancer including research, clinical care, and children’s cancer camps.
The company is proud to host the IndustriOS Golf for Kids with Cancer Tournament, and eagerly anticipates sharing this fun-filled day with IndustriOS customers and partners this autumn, and are honoured to support the Coast to Coast Against Cancer Foundation.
posted in Events, fundraisers, National News By: Tami | Print This Post
The joy of choosing new school supplies doesn’t extend to all students during the back-to-school season. That’s why Staples Canada, and its customers look forward to helping children in the community receive the tools they need to learn, during the 6thannual Back-to-School Supply Drive, which begins on July 23. Since its inception, Canada’s largest office supply retailer has helped raise over $3-million for students in need.
“When the school bell rings, not all children will have the supplies they need to succeed. Help give students-in-need the confidence to learn, by making a donation at your local Staples store,” said Steve Matyas, president of Staples, Canada.
Every Staples store in Canada will collect funds for the Back-to-School Supply Drive, and all donations collected, will remain in your local community.
“We hope Canadians keep up their good will by continuing to support the School Supply Drive,” says Matyas. “Last year, we raised over one-million dollars, and we would like to match or exceed that figure again this year. Giving back within the communities where we operate has always been important to us, and we want to continue to help support children’s education.”
Customers can make a donation from July 23 until September 6 at any Staples store, and in Quebec from July 31 until September 4.
posted in Business News, fundraisers, National News By: Tami | Print This Post