Tactica Interactive, creators of the Tiga Talk Speech Therapy game have launched a contest with a 4G iPod Touch as the top prize. The contest is open to anyone aged 15 and up (void in Quebec), and will feature 9 bi-weekly Tiga Talk prize packs on top of the Grand Prize:
Grand Prize Draw: One (1) Grand Prize draw will be made at 1 pm on Friday September 2, 2011. The Grand Prize winner will be randomly selected among the entries and the name of each winning entry will be declared the potential winner.
Bi-Weekly Prize Draws: Nine (9) Weekly Prize draws will be made every second Friday starting May 6th, 2011. Each of the Weekly Prize winners will be randomly selected among the entries and the name of each winning entry will be declared the potential winner.
All you have to do to win is talk about Tiga Talk by using the form or links on the Contest Info Page to share Tiga Talk with your friends on Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr, or show them your own Tiga Talk blog, YouTube video or other way you are spreading the good word about Tiga Talk. Please refer to the Contest Rules for full entry and prize details.
Tiga Talk, the companion game to APTN’s television show by the same name, is currently on sale for $1.99 USD in the iTunes App Store, and was developed with licensed speech and language pathologists. Tiga Talk is a fun way for children to develop speech sounds through playful voice-controlled games that can improve speech clarity, articulation, and instill confidence. The app is for parents and speech therapists working with toddlers and children with language delays, as well as any parent looking to give their child a head start in early language development.
Children learn fundamental phonetic sounds, that are the building blocks of language, as they play 23 fun voice controlled games on an imaginative adventure with Tiga and friends. Game play rewards are based entirely on participation, not accuracy, so the child is constantly getting positive feedback as long as they are trying to make sounds.
Game activities include piloting a boat, helicopter, hot air balloon, race car, train, submarine, and even flying a rocket ship to visit the moon. Players can pop balloons to reveal clues to guide them on their adventure as well as knock over obstacles that lay in their path, including towers of tires, ice blocks, hay bales, crates, logs or even moon rocks.
Before each game children are introduced to a new phonetic sound by game characters. They are shown a cartoon image representing the sound and are encouraged to try saying the sound aloud. The app listens to make sure they’re verbally participating and congratulates them if they are and showers them with friendly encouragement if they aren’t.
Tiga Talk’s other features include:
- Voice controlled games encourage kids to speak clearly
- Game play based on actual speech therapy sessions
- Beautifully vibrant graphics and a variety fun learning games designed to engage young children
- Entertaining cartoon characters deliver lots of positive feedback
- An exciting interactive story adventure
- Licensed speech therapists selected the apps 23 core phonetic sounds
- Audio and video hints help demonstrate the correct way to make language sounds
- A sound meter to measure voice volume levels
- Track progress and earn gold stars the more you play
- Children are able to practice specific sounds and games
- So easy to play young children can even use it by themselves
Here are just some of the benefits to be gained with Tiga Talk:
- A great way for all kids to get a head start on language development
- Kids learn to pronounce sounds more accurately including syllables, letters, and letter combinations
- Help your child improve coordination and strength of speech muscles
- Children learn through sound repetition and imitation
- Children differentiate between sounds they hear and create a broader base vocabulary
- Improve communication between the child’s brain and the body through visual and auditory aids
- Improve childhood communication with peers and adults
- Instill a sense of pride and confidence in your child
Tiga Talk is rated 4+ and is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch (2nd, 3rd and 4th gen) and iPad. It requires iOS 4.1 or later. Tiga Talk is developed with the financial support of the Bell Fund.