|When:||Back to Calendar Wednesday May 30, 2012 @ 5:15 pm - 11:00 pm||Where:||Conference Room (Room 4101, 4th Floor), Telfer School of Management, University of Ottawa, Desmarais Building
55 Laurier Ave E
University of Ottawa,Ottawa,ON K1N 1A2
|✔ Add to Calendar Add to Google Calendar|
|Cost:||$200.00 Individual or Corporate Tables $1,800.00|
For over two decades, the CATAAlliance Innovation and Leadership Awards Gala Dinner has been celebrating the best in Canadian advanced technology. It has become one of the most eagerly awaited events in Canada’s business calendar.
At the Awards Gala, the winners are recognized for their innovation, expertise, and leadership in Canada’s advanced technology community.
This year’s theme is “Building an Intelligent Nation: i-CANADA.”
Vivek Kundra, the architect of the Obama Administration’s Cloud First policy and accomplished technology leader with a track record of driving innovation, joins us as a special keynote speaker.
Then you’ll hear perspectives from an Executive Panel of opinion leaders who will share insights into the creation of intelligent communities — places where jobs grow, the environment is sustainable, and life is stimulated by the arts, media and a vibrant society.
Some of the key topics that we will explore include:
- Resources for building competitive communities
- An ecosystem for growing millionaires
- Graphic tool showing community strengths
- Best practices from successful global cities
- Status of i-communities across Canada
- The i-Waterfront billion-bit challenge
- Collaboration among community groups.
Our experts will provide a vision for the future i-CANADA. Hear from the likes of:
|William (Bill) Hutchison, Chair, i-CANADA|
|Patrick K. Horgan, Vice President, Manufacturing, Development and Operations, IBM Canada|
|Y Generation CEO, the CATA Award Winner|
Moderator, Paul Brent, will engage the Panel in lively discussions. Gala guests are also able to pose questions prior to the event via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The 27th Annual Gala celebrates the best-of-the-best award-winners across the spectrum of advanced technology areas:
- CAMSC Innovation through Diversity Award
- The Celestica Award for Technology Commercialization
- The Peter Brojde Award for Canada’s Next Generation Executive Leadership
- The Motorola Award for Public Safety Technology
- Outstanding Product Achievement (ICT)
- Outstanding Product Achievement (Clean Tech)
- Outstanding Product Achievement (Health Care)
- Alcatel-Lucent Emerging Technology Award
- Excellence in Science and Technology Reporting
- Private Sector Innovation and/or Leadership in Advanced Technology
- Public Sector Leadership in Advanced Technology
- IT Strategic HR Management
- CIO of the Year, for SME’s and Large Corporations
- Sara Kirke Award for Canada’s Leading Woman High Tech Entrepreneur