Women in Communications and Technology todayhave announced the appointment of seven new board members and a new executive committee. This adds exciting new input to WCT’s activities and direction, underscoring its commitment to grow and engage more women in a variety of industries whose work roles involve information, communication and technology.
“I’ve been privileged to be a part of the WCT community for several years and have seen firsthand how passionately and effectively it works to advance all women in the digital economy,” says Lynda Partner, Vice President, Marketing at Pythian, WCT’s new chair of the board of directors. “I am honoured to lead the board as WCT enters into this next phase, expanding our community so that even more women can benefit.”
WCT is a not-for-profit Canada-wide association that advances women in ICT careers through a network of industry support and recognition, leadership and skills development and mentoring.
“With directors from different backgrounds and sectors, our board can more effectively support our commitment to reach more women who are doing knowledge-base jobs and include them in the innovation process,” says Joanne Stanley, WCT’s Executive Director.
WCT’s new board members are:
• Kristine Emmet, Vice President, Organizational Development, Bell Canada
• Sandra Pasquini, Vice President Human Resources, IT & Network, Rogers Communications
• Denise Shortt, Vice President, Industry Development, Information Technology Association of Canada (ITAC)
• Staci Trackey Meagher, Vice President, Enterprise Canada, Microsoft Canada
• Nilufer Erdebil, Founder and CEO, Spring2 Innovation
• Robyn Heaton, Dean, Faculty of Arts, Media and Design, Algonquin College
• Fawn Annan, CEO, IT World Canada
WCT’s new executive committee members are:
• Chair: Lynda Partner, Pythian
• Vice-Chair: Dervla Kelly, Shaw Media
• Past Chair: Janice McDonald, This Space Works
• Corporate Secretary and Chair, Governance & Nominations: Hatty Reisman, Reisman Law Offices
• Treasurer and Chair, Audit Committee: Nancy Chase, KPMG Advisory Services
• Chair, Strategy & Marketing Committee: Dee Ann Lama, Xerox Canada
• Chair, Membership Committee: Jane Todd, Saga Consulting
• Chair, HR & Compensation Committee: Robin Hildebrand, Golden West Broadcasting
• Chair, Sponsorship: Shannon Gorman, Telus
• Chair, Regions: Nilufer Erdebil, Spring2 Innovation
• Co-Chairs, Annual Awards and Gala: Julie Cork, Artex Environmental Group & Robin Hildebrand, Golden West Broadcasting