For a third year, Telefilm Canada  continues to support emerging feature film talent through its Micro-Budget Production Program . This Program seeks to stimulate the use of digital distribution platforms in order to increase audience access to the work of new Canadian talent. In its first two years, the Micro-Budget Production Program supported the production of 22 films, several of which have been exhibited at important festivals.
What’s new in 2015?
A third component has been introduced to the Program: The Official Language Minority Communities (OLMC) component. This addition was made possible thanks to our new partners. Eligibility criteria of this new component, as well as other components (Main and Aboriginal), are available in the revised 2015 Program Guidelines accessible on Telefilm’s website.
- “Cast No Shadow” (Christian Sparkes): CSA; TIFF; AFF (Best Atlantic Feature, Best Atlantic Director, Best Atlantic Screenwriter, Best Atlantic Cinematographer, Outstanding Performance by an Actress, Outstanding Performance by an Actor), EIFF (Rising Star Award); Busan Film Festival (Korea), St. John’s International Women’s Films Festival; Berlin Feb. 2015
- “The Editor” (Matthew Kennedy & Adam Brooks): TIFF; CIFF; VIFF ( 20 other festivals to date, and counting)
- “The Valley Below” (Kyle Thomas): CSA; TIFF; CIFF; VIFF
- “Two 4 One” (Maureen Bradley): CIFF; VIFF and will be the Opening Gala at the Available Light Film Festival (Whitehorse, YK) Feb. 2015
- “All The Time in The World” (Suzanne Crocker): Vancouver International Film Festival (winner of Most Popular Canadian Documentary Award), Reel to Real, Vancouver Women in Film Festival, Planet in Focus (Green Screen Award)
- “Secret Trial 5” (Amar Wala): CIFF, HOT DOCS (Honourable Mention, Emerging Canadian Filmmaker Award, and Top 10 Audience Favourite)
- “What We Have” (Maxime Desmons): AFF
- “Un film de chasse de filles” (Julie Lambert): Festival de cinéma de la ville de Québec (Prix du public – long métrage, Prix du meilleur premier film décerné par un jury de cinéphiles)
- Main Component: 29 partners
- Aboriginal Component: 8 partners
- OLMC Component: 3 partners
Telefilm is pleased to have the support of imagineNATIVE Film Media Arts Festival as a promotional partner.