Montreal indie studio Kitfox Games , an Execution Labs -supported startup, invites you to enter the world of the Shattered Planet, where the player becomes a clone sent to explore a dangerous, ever-changing planet in the name of science. You’ll want to explore and experiment to find as many new species and technologies as you can before you (inevitably) die a horrible death. Available globally in iTunes as a free download, Shattered Planet is scheduled to be available for Android by April 10th.
In some ways it’s traditional — it’s turn-based, you kill monsters for treasure, the world is procedurally generated, and you lose your items when you die. However, it also includes modern sensibilities including intuitive, responsive controls and constant character progression, as you slowly grow stronger between expeditions. Plus, it has a light-hearted sense of humor that sets it apart.
An intense survival RPG set on beautiful alien worlds. Hours of gameplay await the most intrepid explorers. Fight or catch aliens and collect crazy loot. Explore a dangerous galaxy and try to survive! It’s a deadly world out there, and it’s randomly different every time.
The Galactic Union’s job for you is clear: research the alien wildlife — for science! But a strange signal is beckoning past hordes of monsters. And every time you die, your items are gone for good. On your journey you will travel through different islands and encounter dozens of monsters, from cute to fearsome, from little crab to giant dragon.
Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
Shattered Planet requires iOS 4.0 or later and is compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPod touch (5th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
- You will die, but don’t worry! Endless clones will replicate your molecules perfectly. Good as new.
- Procedurally generated maps — every planet is different!
- 100+ items with crazy powers, from teleporters to samurai swords to orbital strikes.
- Hundreds of interactive fiction-style mini-narratives let you customise your story and role-play your character.
- Ridiculous yet accurate obituaries. In what other game could you say, “Here lies kleptomaniac Captain Sofia, vassal of the worm people.”?
Top In-App Purchases
- 2100 Crystals Rp 289 ribu
- SuperBot 5000 Character Unlock Rp 49 ribu