Digital sports video agency SendtoNews  has signed a strategic partnership with the world’s number one sports video news agency Sports News Television (SNTV), a joint venture of IMG Media and The Associated Press. With this partnership SendtoNews acquires the rights to distribute SNTV digital and broadcast content through its News Partnership Network™ consisting of thousands of top television, radio, print, and online news outlets throughout North America. In December it delivered 15 million digital and broadcast impressions according to Nielsen.
Martin Kay, Managing Director of SNTV, said, “Our focus is on delivering the most high quality, relevant sports news globally so we are pleased to vastly increase our distribution capability into North America with this partnership.”
“With this single deal we have aggressively expanded our rights portfolio to include the majority of the world’s premier sporting events,” said SendtoNews’ CEO Greg Bobolo. “From the Sochi Winter Games to FIFA World Cup, SNTV’s global reach gives SendtoNews and our newsroom partners a seat at virtually every major sporting event worldwide.”
SNTV’s network combines the world’s biggest independent producer and distributor of sports programming – IMG Media – with the newsgathering infrastructure of The Associated Press, giving it unparalleled ability to cover all major sporting events, everywhere. This deal adds the following to SendtoNews’ extensive rights portfolio:
- Olympic Winter Games, Sochi, Russia
- Soccer – FIFA World Cup, FA Cup, English Premier League , UEFA Champions League
- Motorsport – Formula 1, Indy Car Series, Le Mans 24 Hour Race
- Tennis – Wimbledon, US Open , Davis Cup , WTA, Australian Open, ATP
- Golf – European Tour, Asian Tour, US Open, Ryder Cup
- Horseracing – Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes, Belmont Stakes
- Cycling – Tour de France, Giro d’Italia
- Surfing – ASP World Tour
- Cricket – ICC Cricket World Cup
- Winter Sports – FIS Alpine Skiing, Snowboard, Freestyle, Bobsleigh, Curling
- PLUS – Rugby, Rowing, Triathlon, Athletics, X Games and more
Coverage includes highlight packages, original stories, breaking news, press conferences, training, athlete interviews and more – all available 24/7 online for distribution across all platforms. SendtoNews packages the content with in-program advertising in a format that integrates seamlessly with newsrooms’ existing content management systems.
SendtoNews represents over 75 professional sports leagues on 4 continents including NFL, NASCAR, PGA Tour, LPGA, AHL and other premier sports properties. Its News Partnership Network™ is currently capable of serving a combined 100+ million broadcast and digital viewing impressions.