Montreal startup Neptune Computer Inc.  is nearing the $700 000.00 mark on its amazing Kickstarter campaign, which began back in November and concludes this Saturday, December 21st. The campaign surpassed its $100 000.00 goal 27 hours after launching the fundraiser for its Neptune Pine smartwatch . Due to the volume of support received on Kickstarter, the Neptune Pine achieved all of the original stretch goals of the campaign and has added more to meet the level of support the company has received. These include:
- Stretch Goal #1: $200K – New Strap Design (Reached!) – As you may know, the Pine has been designed to be very easily removable from its watchband, opening up a vast amount of possibilities for various accessories, mounts and strap designs. Help us reach $200K and we’ll unveil an exciting new modern strap design for the Pine!
- Stretch Goal #2: $300K – CDMA Version (Reached!) – A lot of you have been asking us to make the Pine support CDMA networks such as Verizon, Sprint, Telus and Bell. That’s why if we reach $300K we’ll develop a special quad-band CDMA version for the Pine, so that we can cover nearly all operators in the world!
- Stretch Goal #3: $400K – Tougher Glass & Screen Protectors (Reached!) – If we reach $400K, we will source a custom designed scratch-resistant glass specially tailored to the Pine. Plus, we will include with every Pine two (2) free screen protectors! Now, your Pine will be as durable as ever!
- Stretch Goal #4: $500K – 64GB Version (Reached!) –A lot of people have asked us to upgrade our internal storage; that’s why if you help us reach $500K we will develop a 64GB version of the Pine! Prices will be revealed only at the time we reach our stretch goal; and existing backers will be given instructions on how to change their pledge to a 64GB version.
- Stretch Goal #5: $600K – Shock Resistance (Reached!) – Help us reach $600K, and we’ll make the Neptune Pine shock resistant. With this kind of durability, the Pine will be able to withstand most accidental bumps and drops!
- Stretch Goal: $700K – Special Bumper with Lanyard Hole – For our $700K goal, we will design a special bumper for the Pine with a lanyard hole so that you may attach your Pine to your keychain, necklace, etc., so that you may never lose or drop your Pine. Please note that this accessory will probably ship after the January shipment date.
“It has been amazing to see the public’s reaction to our campaign. We are so grateful to those who have supported us. Huge thanks to all our backers” said Neptune’s 19-year-old founder and CEO, Simon Tian.
At press time, Neptune Pine’s campaign was at $678 528.00 CAD with four days remaining.