Amazon Canada  has launched two new stores – the Grocery  and Auto  stores, bringing the total of new categories made available to Canadian shoppers in 2013 to fourteen. The Amazon.ca Grocery  store features a wide variety of top brands where customers can discover specialty food items that may not be available at every grocery store. The new Auto store features one of Canada’s largest selections of automotive items from key brands such as Camco, Curt, OTC, Schumacher, Battery Tender, and more. Auto enthusiasts and everyday motorists will find a vast selection of automotive products for any type of vehicle.
“Amazon.ca dramatically increased our selection this year, and we are pleased to now bring the Auto and Grocery stores to our customers,” said Alexandre Gagnon, country manager for Amazon.ca. “We’re working to deliver an unmatched selection of everyday essentials and must-have products. With just a few clicks, customers can discover millions of items, take advantage of free shipping or Free Two Day Shipping with Amazon Prime, and have items delivered to their doorstep.”
With more than 15,000 dry food products available in its grocery store, Amazon Canada’s customers will find:
- Key Ingredients for Holiday Baking: With the busy holiday season upon us, customers can find ingredients they need for holiday recipes, including Unico cooking oils; spices and seasonings from brands like Kurundu, McCormick and GD Organic; baking mixes from Namaste Foods, Betty Crocker and Duncan Hines; and baking chocolate from Ghiradelli.
- Coffee and Tea to Keep You Warm and Toasty this Winter: Customers will now find coffee and coffee pods from top brands including Keurig, Tassimo, Van Houtte, Lavazza, Ethical Bean and Folgers, as well as a wide selection of teas from Uncle Lee, Twinings, Unilever, Traditional Medicinals and Tazo.
- Drinks to Quench Your Thirst: For customers who like variety, Amazon.ca offers plenty of beverage options – from soft drinks, soy milk, juices, energy drinks and more – including Mio and Crystal Light drink mixes, Ocean Spray juices, C2o Coconut Water, Red Bull energy drinks, Soyganic and Vitasoy soy drinks, Fiji water, and Pepsi products.
- Local Favourites: Amazon.ca features a number of popular food brands such as Dare cookies, crackers and fruit snacks; Oasis juices; Sun-Rype fruit bars; Old Dutch Foods; Ocean’s canned seafood and a variety of Canadian maple products.
- Pantry Necessities: Why bother visiting a grocery store when Amazon.ca has many items customers need to stock their pantries, like Skippy peanut butter, Campbell’s Soup, Catelli pastas, Kellogg cereals, Hidden Valley salad dressings, and Uncle Ben’s rice.
- Healthy Options for Snackers: The new store has plenty of healthy snack choices, including Pop Chips, Clif and Kind bars, Pistachio nuts, Kashi Chewy Granola Bars and popcorn from a variety of brands.
- Baby’s Favourite Foods: Now parents can find a variety of baby foods and have them delivered to their doorstep — from Baby Gourmet and Love Child Organics food pouches, Danone cereal, Earth’s Best baby food, Enfamil and Similac formula and Gerber baby snacks.
- Flowers for Someone Special: With the click of a button, customers can shop for fresh flower baskets and bouquets and have flowers delivered to their sweetheart, friend, co-worker or family member.
A majority of items available in the Grocery store are eligible for free shipping or Free Two-Day Shipping with Amazon Prime, so customers can stock their pantry or order a special ingredient for an elaborate dinner party recipe and have food items sent straight to their home.
Meanwhile, the new Auto store offers everything from car care products, jump starters, seat covers, windshield wiper blades and a wide variety of automotive tools and equipment. As the winter months approach, customers will also find an extensive selection of winter automotive maintenance products to help ensure vehicles stay running through even the coldest of winters. By taking advantage of free shipping on eligible orders or Free Two-Day Shipping via Amazon Prime, customers also don’t have to worry about braving icy roads this winter or getting heavy, bulky automotive accessories and tools home.
In addition to finding a broad selection of items on Amazon.ca, customers can also find helpful information and shopping tools to help make better purchasing decisions, including editorial reviews, personalized product recommendations, customer reviews and best sellers. Shoppers can also narrow or expand search results and filter by category, average customer review, price range and brand.