On the verge of one of the most important announcements for Game Connection Europe , the press operations team is pleased to unveil who’s behind the Selected Projects evaluation process. After an outstanding number of applications – 20% up on last year, the new categories (Mobile – Tablet Handheld ; Console & PC Hardcore ; Social, Casual & Online) added for this year having established themselves successfully as a key to helping this program take off for good.
The Judging Committee faced a wide range of very different games on Console, PC, Mobile and Social Networks, coming from more than 35 countries, including the US, UK, France, Germany, Argentina, China, Canada, Finland, India, Israel, Japan, Russia, Singapore and Thailand. There are some for every taste: from Premium to F2P; from Publishing to Distribution; from Item Selling, to Pay-what-you-want.
That’s why you really shouldn’t miss Game Connection Europe on December 3-5, knowing that the Selected Projects conference is set to open the event on Tuesday 3rd December, from 10 am to 11h50 am.
We would not have been able to decide amongst the number of fabulous applicants to determine the nominees that are soon be announced, without the efforts of our fabulous Judging Committee. This includes:
- Arthur Chow, CEO at 6Waves
- Ed Rumley, COO at Chillingo
- Careen Yapp, VP of Business Development and Account Management at Gaikai
- Sebastien Tasserie, Business Development Manager at Ubisoft Entertainment
- Vincent Dondaine, Co-Founder at Bulkypix
- Karol Fuentes-Fischer, Account Manager, 3rd Party Games Content Team at GameHouse
- Volker Hirsch, Co-Founder at Oystercrowd
- Katie Morgan, Executive Vice President at Reverb Publishing
- Jun Otsuka, LINE GAME Global Business Development Manager at LINE Corporation
- Jessica Sachs, Developer Relations Manager at Big Fish Games
- Matthew Wilson, Head of Developer Relations at Rovio Entertainment
- Jim Ying, VP, Publishing and Partnerships at Gree International, Inc.
- Gary Gu, CTO at Renren Games
- Jennie Sue, Developer Relations Manager at DeNA
- Kyu Lee, President at GAMEVIL USA
- Pete Smith, Director, Product Development at XDEV Studio Europe
- Sarita Churchill-Viramontez, Business Development Manager at Microsoft Studios
- Samuel Gatté, Publishing & Product Support Director at Namco Bandai Games
We’d like to thank all of them, as well as our supporting industry partners, who this year also increased vastly in number. The IGDA also supported the program by helping to spread the buzz around the world, in their words “advancing the careers and enhancing the lives of game developers” as stated in the association’s core mission.
Microsoft Studios renewed its engagement in the initiative this year, as did Sony XDEV Studio Europe. They will once again provide winners with dev kits, mentoring support and prizes.
“It’s great to be a part of the Selected Projects judging panel and to see how innovation couples with passion” said Sarita Viramontez, Business Development Manager at Microsoft Studios.
Namco Bandai Games joined the conversation too this year and Samuel Gatté, Publishing & Product Support Director, concurs: “We are very pleased to be part of Game Connection, as we want to support talented studios and original concepts. We are looking for innovation and as Publishers, believe that having an active role in stimulating fresh ideas and new games is necessary. Selected Projects is the perfect format to do exactly that!”
Remember that winners will be announced very soon – stay tuned to be the first to know.