Xbox Live Games with Gold is bringing you more free games this month for Xbox 360. Xbox Live Gold members worldwide can download two new titles for free for a limited time starting Sunday. The September line-up of titles includes Magic 2013, available September 1st through 15th, and Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas from Ubisoft Montreal & Ubisoft Quebec, which will be available September 16th through 30th.
In Magic 2013, gamers face a greater challenge in the latest version of this hit franchise. Play with friends or the AI, take on new encounters and opponents, and face up to three other players in the Planechase multiplayer format. Featuring ten customizable decks, Magic 2013 offers new game items to unlock and introduces the option to choose what lands to tap when you cast your spells.
- Original Release Date: 6/20/2012
- Developer: Wizards of the Coast LLC/Stainless Games, Ltd.
- Publisher: Microsoft Studios
- Genre: Strategy & Simulation, Card & Board
In Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas, operatives take to the chaotic streets of Las Vegas as an escalating terrorist siege in “Sin City” threatens to take world terrorism to new, uncontrollable heights. The future of global security hangs in the balance as you battle to defend classic Vegas locations and environments like Fremont Street, the Strip, and casinos.
- Original Release Date: 8/3/2010
- Developer: Ubisoft Montreal & Ubisoft Quebec
- Publisher: Ubisoft
- Genre: Shooter
Xbox would also like you to be one of the first to watch Crackle’s first original feature-length digital film. From August 29 until September 5, Crackle is offering Windows 8, Windows Phone and Xbox users an exclusive first-watch of martial arts action thriller Extraction, set to premier on Crackle.com and across all Crackle platforms on September 5. Extraction follows Black Ops specialist Lt. Mercy Callo (Jon Foo), who must escape a maximum-security prison run by the brutal Warden Ivan Rudovsky (Vinnie Jones) in order to stop a terrorist plot on American soil.
On a final note, if you don’t have any plans for the long weekend, you can tune in for the year’s biggest live “Halo” competition. The “Halo 4” Global Championship Finals Weekend kicks off at PAX Prime in Seattle, Washington, promising heart-pounding competition among the world’s most formidable “Halo” players for a $200,000 grand prize.
Microsoft is hosting the Finals at Benaroya Hall, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT Friday and Saturday, with a Live Stream from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. P. T. on Sunday. Hosted by Major Nelson and former G4TV hosts Blair Herter and Jessica Chobot, the event will feature musical performances by rappers MegaRan and K-Murdock, and a Cortana tribute by singer/songwriter Malukah. There are three ways to watch the weekend-long tournament festivities:
- Xbox Live Dash. The Halo 4 Global Championship Finals will be streamed live on Sept. 1 at 4 p.m. Pacific Time on Xbox Live. In addition, viewers will get a first look at Xbox One exclusive launch titles, new announcements, and original content throughout the stream.
- Live Competition at PAX. Come see the action live and watch the competition at Benaroya Hall from Aug. 30 – Sept. 1. The first 1,000 PAX badge holders will receive a complimentary swag bag that can be picked up after the tournament ends for the day, and everyone who attends in person will have a shot at winning an Xbox One or Special “Halo” Edition Surface Pro! On Sunday, the tournament is open to everyone from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m P.T.
- Twitch TV. Tune in via the 343 Industries Twitch TV Stream as the top “Halo 4” players from around the globe battle it out from 11:30am to 6pm on Friday, and 11:30am to 4pm on Saturday.