Kalypso Media Digital is pleased to announce the upcoming release of Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar  for Windows PC. Developed by Longbow Digital Arts , Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar will challenge players’ strategic battlefield skills as they manage huge armies through the massive historical battles of first century BC. In this, the sequel to Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece, players will wage war on battlefields beautifully rendered by an upgraded graphics engine as they strive to dominate the known world – via conquest, or by starving out their enemies.
Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar takes you to the plains and forests of ancient Gaul where Julius Caesar wages a decade long war to subjugate the barbarian hordes. It will immerse you in history like no other real time strategy game ever before, forcing you to pay close attention to the changing seasons and rapidly changing military situation.
Features of Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar
- Direct from the hand of Caesar – Four campaigns follow the conquests of Julius Caesar as he wrote them in Commentarii de Bello Gallico. Bridge the Rhine, invade Britannia and conquer the Gauls in over 100 objectives or choose from over 20 factions in the epic sandbox mode.
- All new map – Explore over one million square kilometers that are seamlessly zoom-able, from the Mediterranean coast to the shores of Britannia.
- Improved graphics engine – Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar supports 10x the terrain detail over previous installments and features a diverse and immersive landscape to explore.
- Build an empire – The construction system allows players to build forts, walls, and bridges at thousands of sites across the map to cement Roman control over the barbarian kingdoms.
- Promote your legions –Players can train officers to augment their unit’s skills as well as appoint governors and construct buildings to expand and improve their cities.
- Starve your enemies – supply camps and logistics system makes sieges and supply lines more intuitive and more important than ever.
Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar will be available on Windows PC Spring 2014.