Ubisoft ® has announced the “Road to Paris ” Tournament Series for its popular new collectible card game, Might & Magic: Duel of Champions , now available for PC and iPad  from Ubisoft Quebec. The “Road to Paris” Tournament Series will take place over the course of the summer through online qualifiers and live tournament events, culminating in the World Championship at Paris Games Week from October 30th – November 3rd. Players can register for live tournaments on-site at the events, or participate in the online qualifiers. Ubisoft anticipates thousands of participants, but only eight competitors from the qualifying events will be invited to compete for the title of Might & Magic: Duel of Champions Grand Champion.
The 8 tickets to the “Road to Paris” Final Stage can be won through 2 Monthly online qualifiers, 3 European live events, 1 reward for a series of US live events, 1 live event in Australia and 1 online “last chance” elite wildcard swiss tournament”.
Live “Road to Paris” qualifying events this summer:
- PAX Australia in Melbourne, July 19-20
- GenCon in Indianapolis, August 15-18
- Gamescom in Cologne, August 22-25
- Fan Expo in Toronto, August 22-25
- Eurogamer in London, September 26-29
- Paris Games Week in Paris, October 30-Nov 3
Visit the Might & Magic: Duel of Champions “Road to Paris” Tournament Series  site for more information and to register.
About The Game:
Enter the legendary universe of Might & Magic with this fantastic online card game. Choose a hero, build an army with Units, Spells and Fortunes and defeat your opponents in battles of epic proportions.
Immersive Fantasy Universe: Experience the time-tested factions of the Might & Magic universe in a completely new format. Discover a wealth of beautifully illustrated game cards, featuring all the well-known characters, spells and heroes from the Might & Magic series of games.
Become A Game Master:
- Objective of the game: Bring your opponent hero’s life to zero before your hero is defeated. You can use a variety of means to do this: deploy units, cast spells and take advantage of fortunes and events.
- Get to know your cards and build your army: There are 5 different card types (unit, event, hero, spell and fortune). Each card holds special powers and opportunities that help you win the game.
- Pick your hero: The hero you choose will determine what spells you can use and which faction your army hails from. Your hero also determines your starting level and life. Each hero can also access a specific number of schools of magic.
- Pick your events: Each player brings five event cards to the match. Two are chosen and placed on the battleground. You will need to choose your events carefully as they can help your opponent too.
- Build your army for battle: Every army consists of at least 1 hero card and 5 event cards and can grow from 50 to 200 cards when you add your mix of units, spells and fortunes in. There are 16 positions on the battlefield for your units to be deployed to.
Socialize And Compete Online:
- Chats and forums to discuss the game are directly accessible from inside the game
- Social features including Twitter feeds and Facebook updates
- Online tournaments & leaderboards
- Messaging system and guild creation
Enhance Your Experience:
- E-shop offers exciting opportunities to build your deck and further your game experience.
- Collect rewards including:
- Tournament tickets
- Early registration offer includes free gift
Might & Magic: Duel of Champions is compatible with iPad and requires iOS 5.0 or later. iTunes has rated this game 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
Top In-App Purchases
- Bundle of 850 Seals $14.99
- Bundle of 3 200 Seals $49.99
- Bundle of 250 Seals $4.99
- Bundle of 1 200 Seals $16.99
- Bundle of 1 800 Seals $29.99
- Bundle of 3 000 Seals $38.99
- Bundle of 25 000 Gold $4.99
- Bundle of 750 Seals $10.99
- Bundle of 3 000 Seals $38.99
- Bundle of 275 Seals $4.99