Vantrix, a Montreal-based provider of intelligent media delivery solutions to mobile network operators, announced the availability of version 3.2 of its flagship product, Bandwidth Optimizer. Its new bump-in-the-wire deployment option provides a transparent proxy that can be placed directly in the mobile data network without the need for an upstream Deep Packet Inspection (DPI), load balancing or HTTP browsing element. With bump-in-the-wire, Bandwidth Optimizer monitors and steers all traffic, deciding on which media traffic should be optimized and which can be bypassed for direct delivery.
“This capability is a significant step forward for Vantrix,” said Don Vendetti, senior vice president of marketing and product management. “Adding bump-in-the-wire to our already flexible network insertion choices means that we can adapt to an operator’s infrastructure constraints out-of-the-box. Bandwidth Optimizer can integrate with third-party steering nodes or it can be the steering node as a bump-in-the-wire. This new implementation option saves our customers costs and speeds the optimization solution to market by reducing the overall integration and testing time required. The bump-in-the-wire capability also highlights the scalability of our Bandwidth Optimizer product and its ability to provide extended functions, including real-time traffic analytics, traffic routing and policy enforcement on all data traffic.”
The Bandwidth Optimizer 3.2 release also includes:
- Enhanced on-the-fly MP4 optimization – doubles bandwidth savings while maintaining perceived video quality and requiring 30% less processing power.
- Diameter gateway – enables integration with Policy and Charging Rules Function (PCRF) elements for context-aware policy enforcement for intelligent media optimization or routing.
- Centralized and simplified installation and management framework – provides for faster deployment and more efficient management of multiple servers/sites, particularly for large-scale implementations.
- Expanded real-time metrics – provides more granular traffic intelligence for broader network and service decision-making, internal policy rules and optimization conditions.
- Extended reporting capabilities – provides network savings and multi-selection metric reporting.
- Enhanced smart caching – expands content type support to include application downloads and iOS and Android updates to reduce internet backhaul usage.
Bandwidth Optimizer 3.2 is available for immediate deployment. Existing customers should contact their account managers for more information.