Digital security and identity management company Route1 Inc. has reinforced its commitment to BYOD by offering a 30-day free trial of its MobiKEY technology. A complete desktop, secure remote access technology that integrates multi-factor authentication and identity management in a mobile computing environment, MobiKEY operates on devices using Windows, Mac OS X or iOS.
“The BYOD phenomenon is leading CIOs to examine how to mitigate risk of data leakage and breaches through lost devices, and the subsequent consequences of private healthcare records, credit card numbers and sensitive government information being exposed,” said Tony Busseri, CEO of Route1. “The forthcoming DISA approval of iOS 6, which would allow iPhones and iPads to be used by military agencies, coupled with iOS 6.0’s receipt of FIPS 140-2 Certification, proves that consumerization of technology in the enterprise era is upon us. As the Federal Government – and private businesses – adopts consumer devices like the Apple iPad for mobile computing, it must also embrace technologies that protect confidential information from ending up in the wrong hands.”
With MobiKEY, an organization’s confidential information always remains within its own IT infrastructure and securely behind firewalls. Accordingly, the threat of data theft is eliminated in the event of a lost tablet, notebook, USB, smartphone-, or other device. This attack-resistant technology eases concerns about hacking, viruses and malware vulnerabilities often associated with mobile computing. It also eliminates the complexities of network configuration and minimizes the need to reconfigure firewalls or create special profiles to connect to the user’s Host Asset.
“Policy alone is not enough,” added Mr. Busseri. “MobiKEY is tailor made for mobile computing and BYOD, whereas password protection is not only inadequate, but also an oxymoron as several high-profile users, have painfully learned.”
Important to note, is that establishing a secure remote access data session with MobiKEY does not require applications or drivers to be installed on the Remote Asset – thus minimum user privileges are sufficient – and once the remote data session is complete, zero foot print is left behind on the Remote Asset.
With MobiKEY, your enterprise’s data stays within your network’s perimeter – MobiKEY is NOT a browser based technology and NOT a VPN;
- Deployment of MobiKEY will save your enterprise money – in most cases saving more than the investment in the MobiKEY technology;
- Using MobiKEY, your enterprise can securely adopt a BYOD program – no enterprise software required on the device;
- MobiKEY is a hardware based, multi-factor authentication of the individual and not the device – MobiKEY can include the incorporation of government ID cards (CAC, PIV or FRAC) in the identification process;
- The MobiKEY technology is built with security as the first priority;
- MobiKEY integrates seamlessly into your existing IT infrastructure – there is no capital investment required, no network changes or reconfiguration required, and no additional servers needed: and
- MobiKEY compliments your enterprise’s VDI investment.
To try MobiKEY contact Route1 at sales-at-route1-dot-com or speak with a representative at 1 (866) 371-1780 or 416-814-2608.