The Banff World Media Festival is pleased to announce exciting Master Classes and a Featured Session as part of the CBS Corp. Company of Distinction program. Gary Glasberg, NCIS Executive Producer, will be accepting the 2013 Program of the Year Award at BANFF. Check out this year’s agenda and then, if you haven’t done so yet, head over to the registration page and get your tickets for the Banff World Media Festival 2013 – the Early Bird rate ends on April 19th. We will be there this year, and on the hunt for Canadian entertainment producers for interviews.
The Company of Distinction Featured Session, titled CBS Programming & Development: View From the Top, will ask the question “What does it take to be the highest rated entertainment company?” The panel is comprised of some of the top development executives for drama series from CBS and their affiliate network, Showtime, which boasts some of the most critically acclaimed series currently on the air. They will provide you with expert insight into what’s currently on their radar, what goes into producing a successful dramatic series and how they use programming to appeal to their key demographics.
Key Questions Include:
- What kinds of content are CBS, Showtime and other CBS networks looking for today?
- What is currently in development and what can we expect from them in the new fall season?
- How are dramas being shifted into alternative formats and what impact does social media have on their programming?
- How does CBS manage to be the top rated network and maintain a balance of holding onto their traditional audience and seeking new viewers?
- Christina Davis, Executive Vice President – CBS Entertainment
- Gary Levine, EVP, Original Programming – Showtime Networks
- Julie McNamara, Senior Vice President, Drama Development – CBS Television Studios
Company of Distinction Master Classes:
Hawaii Five-0 – Master Class with Peter Lenkov – An in-depth, intimate conversation with executive producer of “Hawaii Five-0,” Peter Lenkov.
Beauty and the Beast Co-Production Master Class – Conversation regarding co-productions and co-financing of The CW’s “Beauty and the Beast”. Explore how to successfully work together to create a show that takes full advantage of more than one country’s tax benefits and talent.
- Frank Siracusa, President – Whizbang Films
- Doug Smith, VP & General Manager – CBS Studios International Canada
- John Weber, President – Take 5 Productions Inc
- What have the experiences been like when dealing with the broadcasters?
- Does this series follow the typical structure of a co-production deal?
- What has the process been like with developing the series in a joint deal?
- What are the benefits available for producers and broadcasters working together?
House of Lies – Master Class with Matthew Carnahan – A conversation with creator/executive producer/writer of Showtime’s “House of Lies,” Matthew Carnahan.
NCIS – Master Class with Gary Glasberg – A conversation with Gary Glasberg, showrunner for the #1 rated series on television, NCIS.