Going Loud Studios  is proud to announce that “DLC Quest ” is now available on Steam for both Windows and Mac. To celebrate the successful Greenlight campaign, “DLC Quest” hits with a brand new second campaign, “Live Freemium or Die!”, as well as achievements and leaderboards. “Live Freemium or Die” is also available as a standalone title on Xbox LIVE Indie Games, launching today.
What happens when DLC practices go too far? An indie developer makes a game that mocks the industry and its foibles, that’s what! Defeat the bad guy, save the world and get the girl! But first you’ll need to find coins to buy DLC to enable animation, sound and even pausing.
Thankfully this is just satire and all the DLC is purchased with in-game coins. But consider it a cautionary tale for the future…
- Two full length campaigns: the original award-winning “DLC Quest”, and the brand new “Live Freemium or Die” (campaigns sold separately on Xbox 360)
- Platforming action! Coins to collect, a princess to save, a bad guy (or two) to defeat. You like that stuff, right?
- Over 30 different DLC packs, each providing quiet introspection on the state of the gaming industry
- Over 20 awardments to earn and make you feel reasonably satisfied with yourself
- Online leaderboards and achievements (Steam version)
“I’m ecstatic to be able to bring DLC Quest to the Steam audience, because Steam is awesome and the Steam audience is very… demanding,” says Ben Kane, the lone developer of Going Loud Studios. “And debuting with Live Freemium or Die more than doubles the content of the game. That’s for you, person who asked for ‘MOAR DLC!'”
DLC Quest is available on Steam , Desura  and the Mac App Store  for $2.99 USD. DLC Quest and Live Freemium or Die are available separately on Xbox LIVE Indie Games  for 80 Microsoft Points each.
PC System Requirements:
- OS:Windows XP
- Processor:1.6 GHz
- Memory:512 MB RAM
- Graphics:DirectX 9, Shader Model 2.0, 128MB
- Hard Drive:200 MB HD space
- OS:Windows 7
- Processor:2.0 GHz
- Graphics:DirectX 9, Shader Model 2.0, 256MB
Mac System Requirements:
- Processor:Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GHz
- Memory:512 MB RAM
- Graphics:Shader Model 2.0, 128MB
- Hard Drive:100 MB HD space
- Memory:1 GB RAM
- Graphics:Shader Model 2.0, 256MB