Knowing when, where & how to fish in Minnesota just got easier. The App Door, developers of several successful outdoor apps, recently launched the latest in their iFish Series of apps. The iFish Minnesota 1.1 app has a sleek and simple interface that allows anyone to easily search for lakes by name or by proximity. Once a lake is selected, a wide range of information is readily available including fish species, directions, weather conditions – even a calendar for the best times to fish. Where available, it also includes detailed lake maps, local visitor information and nearby photos.
“You can review and mark favorite fishing hotspots, record and share your catch in the fish log, view tips, videos, magazines and it even has a glove box to store your fishing license or boat insurance,” said Randy Chamzuk, President of The App Door. “It allows anglers of all ages and skill levels easy access to learn where, when and how to fish. We believe it encourages the younger population to get outdoors.”
As new data and information becomes available, it is instantly viewable within the app. Fresh content, features and information are constantly being added, without the need to update.
“What do you do when you first get to a lake?” inquires Chamzuk. “You ask other people how the fishing is. Everyone loves to share their stories, successful or not, and with the app you gain instant access to this and so much more.”
* Access nearly 10,000 Lakes, Ponds & Reservoirs
* Easily Search a Lake with only a few letters
* Proximity Search to find a Lake near you
* Proximity search from a City, Town or Lake
* Access over 2600 Lake Maps
* View & add HotSpots at your favorite Lakes
* Share your HotSpots or keep them Private
* View & add Live Lake Reports & Feedback
* Catch Log – one of the most advanced yet
* Share Catches on Facebook, Twitter & Email
* GloveBox – store licenses & important papers
* Books, Mags & More – Save for Offline Reading
* Solunar Calendar to show Best Times to Fish
* Real-time Weather Conditions
* 4-Day Weather Forecasts
* View Nearby Photos at every Lake
* Species Reference with detailed info & images
* Access to Minnesota regulations & license information
* View maps & get directions to every Lake
* Link to numerous resources
* Great Fishing Tips, Videos & How To’s
iFish Minnesota is the localized version of the iFish USA app which covers over 120,000 water bodies across America. It’s currently nominated for Best Outdoors App in the Best App Ever awards. Individual state apps are being released for those who usually fish locally. iFish Texas, Arizona and Florida are already available with an iFish app for every state across the country expected to be available in the next few months.
iFish Minnesota is available on the iTunes App Store for $2.99 USD and is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 4.3 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.