Food Network Canada and Insight Production Company Ltd. are bringing Top Chef Canada back for a third exciting season, sending 16 determined new competitors into the kitchen for another round of intense challenges, surprise twists and higher stakes than ever before. The new season of the top-rated series premieres March 18, 2013 at 9pm ET/10pm PT exclusively on Food Network Canada. The heat is on in season three of Top Chef Canada as the chefs sharpen their knives to test their culinary skills and creativity in a variety of unique challenges.
In the end only one chef will take home the grand prize of $100,000 sponsored by SpongeTowels® paper towels, a GE Monogram kitchen worth $30,000, a custom installation by Caesarstone Quartz Surfaces worth $25,000 and the title of Canada’s Top Chef. Combined with the weekly challenge prizes, the total amount up for grabs this season is higher than ever before at a quarter of a million dollars. Internationally-acclaimed actress Lisa Ray returns as Host, joined by Head Judge, Chef and restaurateur, Mark McEwan, and Resident Judge, LA restaurateur, Shereen Arazm.
“We’ve upped the ante this season on Top Chef Canada, with even bigger drama, louder personalities and more cutthroat competition than ever before,” says Barb Williams, Senior Vice President, Content, Shaw Media. “Viewers will see this season’s chefs stir up the most intense rivalries, stopping at nothing to win the coveted title of Canada’s next Top Chef.”
Following an extensive casting process, 16 talented chefs from across the country were chosen to compete in this season of Top Chef Canada. The victory-hungry competitors are:
- Frederick Boucher, 28, Montreal, QC (Originally Price, QC)
- Chris Chafe, 24, St. John’s, NL
- Clement Chan, 33, Vancouver, BC
- Kayla Dhaliwall, 28, Vancouver, BC (Originally Victoria, BC)
- Ruth Eddolls, 30, Toronto, ON (Originally Acton, ON)
- Nicole Gomes, 34, Calgary, AB (Originally Richmond, BC)
- Jonathan Goodyear, 34, Toronto, ON
- Caitlin Hall, 24, Vancouver, BC (Originally Maple Ridge, BC)
- Daniel Hudson, 29, Duncan, BC (Originally Coalville, UK)
- Geoff Rogers, 31, Calgary, AB
- Rebecca Ross, 24, Toronto, ON (Originally Medicine Hat, AB)
- Chris Shaften, 28, Calgary, AB
- Danny Smiles, 27, Montreal, QC
- Matthew Stowe, 30, Vancouver, BC (Originally Cloverdale, BC)
- Dennis Tay, 34, Toronto, ON (Originally Windsor, ON)
- Rory White, 23, Toronto, ON
“Season three is bigger, better and more aggressive,” says John Brunton, Executive Producer, Insight Production Company Ltd. “Tune in each week to see Canada’s up and coming chefs put up some amazing dishes under incredibly difficult circumstances.”
The new season of Top Chef Canada brings an all-star panel of guest judges and tasters to the kitchen including seven-time WWE Champion Trish Stratus, international comedic sensation Russell Peters, Survivorman Les Stroud, The Real Housewives of Vancouver, JUNO Award winning Singer/Songwriter Jann Arden, Chef Michael Voltaggio (winner of Top Chef: Las Vegas), Chef Robert Irvine (Restaurant: Impossible),
The new season of Top Chef Canada premieres March 18, 2013 at 9pm ET/10pm PT exclusively on Food Network Canada. Visit the Top Chef Canada page to watch full episodes online and access exclusive interviews and winning elimination challenge recipes throughout the run of the series.