Emmy® Award-winning Toon Boom Animation Inc.  the market leader in animation technology, announced today its support of the MIPJunior first International Pitch Competition  targeted to creatives, producers and decision-makers from all sectors of the kids’ entertainment business.
The inaugural MIPJunior International Pitch will see six projects brought before a panel of experts which includes:
- Andy Heyward, Co-founder and CEO, A Squared Entertainment, US
- Helen Mc Aleer, Chief Global Development Officer, The Walker Books Group & Managing Director, Walker Productions, UK
- Morgann Favennec, Head of Children Programmes, M6, France
- Emmanuel Franck, SVP of Filmed & TV Entertainment, Ankama, France
- Anna Rafferty, Managing Director, Penguin Digital, UK
- Brad Schultz, Head of Video, Mind Candy, US
The jury will be looking for the next big brand in kids’ entertainment content, picking the project with the biggest potential for a global multiplatform extension.
All six finalists will receive a permanent license of Toon Boom Storyboard Pro 3D . On October 6 in Cannes’ Martinez Hotel, the jury will pick a winner to receive a top prize of €2,500 (US$3,080) to help develop awareness of their project among the very targeted audience of MIPJunior and MIPCOM.
“Knowing that MIPJunior has become a must-attend forum for producers to pitch their projects and find funding, we are thrilled to take part in their first International Pitch Competition and give each finalist the opportunity to use our award-winning storyboarding software to embark upon their projects,” stated Joan Vogelesang, President and Chief Executive Officer at Toon Boom Animation.