In what can only be tagged as cruel irony, Activision has announced the release of Radical Entertainment ‘s Prototype 2  for PC in the UK today – and below is how a site for game journalists listed the announcement in its daily email of the latest press releases. Naturally, nowhere in the news release does it mention that Activision has ravaged Radical and turned it into a dark shadow of its former creative and vibrant self. According to the publisher, Prototype 2 hadn’t “found its audience” – well, if versions of the game are still being released, wasn’t the action taken against Radical a tad premature?
|Dominating the PC retail market across the UK today.
See also: [7 screenshots] 
Prototype 2  has broken out of the NYZ’s quarantine zone and is available at retailers nationwide with today’s launch of the game for Windows PC. All boxed launch copies and pre-ordered digital download copies of PROTOTYPE 2 for Windows PC will include free access to the RADNET Edition content – over 55 pieces of additional challenges, events and rewards including the Alex Mercer playable skin. 
From Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc., fans can pick up PROTOTYPE 2 for Windows PC in-stores and via digital download in the UK beginning today. The game will require a computer that meets or exceeds the below specifications:
Minimum PC Specs Recommended Specs:
- OS Windows® XP/Vista/7 Windows® 7
- Processor Intel Core 2 Duo 2.6 GHz or AMD Phenom X3 8750 Intel Core 2 Quad 2.7 GHz or better, AMD Phenom II X4 3 GHz or better
- Memory 2 GB 4 GB
- Video Card NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT series with 512 MB RAM or ATI Radeon HD 4850 with 512 MB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (1GB) / ATI Radeon HD 5850 (1GB) or better
- DirectX Version 9.0C or later
- Disk Space 10 GB
- Sound Card Any DirectX 9 compatible Sound Card
- Supported Input Devices Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox 360® Controller
PROTOTYPE 2 was developed by Radical Entertainment  for Windows PC, the Xbox 360® and PlayStation® 3.
PROTOTYPE 2 is rated PEGI 18 – content suitable for persons ages 18 and older.