Teradici has announced the availability of PCoIP Firmware Release 4.0.0. In addition to certification with VMware View™ versions 5.0.1 and 5.1, this release includes a refreshed user interface, enhanced image quality settings on the zero client and support for certificate checking when connecting to a VMware View Connection Server.
“VMware is committed to helping customers choose the right client endpoint strategy to realize the full benefits of VDI,” said Raj Mallempati, director, Desktop & Application Virtualization, VMware. “With Teradici’s latest firmware release, VMware View customers can refresh their zero clients with features that add certificate checking and improve user experience with a new login interface. PCoIP zero clients from Teradici with dedicated PCoIP hardware acceleration continue to offer tremendous value to VMware’s customer base.”
PCoIP zero clients are a key component of Teradici’s industry-leading, end-to-end VDI partner and technology ecosystem. Firmware Release 4.0.0 continues the ongoing feature updates that enhance the security, manageability and performance benefits delivered by all PCoIP VDI solutions.
PCoIP Firmware Release 4.0.0 Key Features
- Refreshed User Interface: Introduces an elegant, streamlined user interface to improve the user experience during the login process. In addition, the presentation of settings that are accessible from the login screen have been rethought to intuitively enhance workflow for users and administrators.
- Certificate Checking when connecting to a VMware View Session: Adds support for certificate checking when connecting to a VMware View Connection Server. The user will be notified when connecting to an untrusted server. In “Secure” mode untrusted connections will not be permitted.
- Unified Imaging Settings: With View 5.1, PCoIP zero clients feature the ability to configure image quality settings. Users can now be given access by administrators to adjust these settings on the PCoIP zero clients, and can set preferences for smoother motion or sharper images depending on current application needs.
- Certification with VMware View: PCoIP Firmware 4.0.0 has been validated and certified by VMware for use with VMware View, versions 5.0.1 and 5.1.
Additional New Features
Also included in Firmware Release 4.0.0 are other recently added features that enhance performance, flexibility, security and access:
- SIPR Hardware Token Support: Secure authentication for SIPRNet users, enabling PCoIP zero client support for SIPR Hardware Token rollouts mandated by the US Department of Defense.
- Imprivata OneSign® No Click Access™: Teradici and Imprivata have developed a joint PCoIP strong authentication solution by combining PCoIP zero clients with Imprivata OneSign Virtual Desktop Access with VMware View. Compatible with a broad range of access cards and ID badges, this solution provides PCoIP zero client users with fast and secure access to their roaming desktops from any location with a simple tap of their badge.
- 802.1X Network Authentication: PCoIP zero client devices feature 802.1X security with highly secure EAP-TLS certificate-based authentication.
“The feature enhancements and VMware View certification of this release are great examples of how Teradici provides ongoing value to existing customers, which continues long after a purchase is made,” said Trent Punnett, vice president of marketing, Teradici. “Actively listening to our customers and partners has been a core strategy leading to the success of PCoIP zero clients. With the release of Firmware 4.0.0, Teradici has once again improved a unique client which features dedicated PCoIP hardware decode for VMware View.”