Fresh off winning the award for Best Feature Film at the Canadian Film Fest, and the Gold Remi Award for Best Dark Comedy at the Houston International Film Festival, A Little Bit Zombie has become a smash hit on the indie film festival circuit and is headed to theatres for a special weekend event across Canada on May 17-20.
A Little Bit Zombie will roll into participating Landmark Cinemas:
- Grand Prairie
and into indie theatres coast-to-coast where it will find its way to:
- Woodstock NB (Atlantic Cinemas)
- Ottawa ON (Mayfair Theatre)
- Campbellford ON (Aron Theatre)
- Toronto ON (Underground Cinema)
- Oakville ON (Encore Cinemas)
- Sudbury ON (Rainbow Cinemas)
- Regina, SK (Golden Mile)
- Saskatoon SK (Broadway Theatre)
- Melville SK (Melville Theatre)
- Edmonton AB (Metro Cinemas)
- Vancouver BC (Denman & Vancity Theatres)
- Victoria BC (Cinecenta)
More cinemas are still being added to the schedule. Tickets are available at theatre box offices or online.
“It’s awesome that audiences across the country will get a rare chance to see our movie on the big screen. Our sold out screenings at festivals have been amazing and I’m so thrilled that zombie enthusiasts are excited about the film – some even organizing their own events around the upcoming screenings!” said Casey Walker, director and producer.
A Little Bit Zombie’s new twist on the romantic-comedy-zombie genre has solidified its status as a new cult classic. SoundonSight calls it “smart, well-crafted and painfully funny…singlehandedly brings Canadian cinema back to life,” and Twitchfilm says the film is “…a sneaky little charmer of a movie.”
A Little Bit Zombie follows the adventures of a mild-mannered HR manager who becomes infected with a virus during a weekend get-away with his fiancée, sister, and best friend. He must elude the obsessed zombie hunter hot on his trail while he attempts to fulfill his new desire for brains and avoid the wrath of his bridezilla-to-be.
The cast includes Kristopher Turner (L.A. Complex), Kristen Hager (Being Human), Shawn Roberts (Resident Evil: Afterlife), Crystal Lowe (Final Destination 3), Emilie Ullerup (Sanctuary), and Stephen McHattie (Watchmen). A Little Bit Zombie was co-written by Christopher Bond (‘Evil Dead: The Musical’) and Trevor Martin.
Three locations will host special cast and crew Q&A events:
- Kristopher Turner will attend a screening in his hometown, Winnipeg
- Crystal Lowe and Emilie Ullerup will participate in a Q&A following a screening in Vancouver
- Casey Walker will be at the Toronto Underground Cinema for the midnight screening on Friday May 18 with surprise special guests
A Little Bit Zombie is produced by Cave Painting Pictures in association with Corus Entertainment’s Movie Central and Astral Media’s The Movie Network, and is distributed by Full Plate Distribution.