Starting Monday, March 26th, Mise-o-jeu players will be able to place their bets online on an integrated, legal and secure site: Espacejeux . As announced by Loto-Québec  in the fall of 2009, sports betting will soon be offered on a transactional site.
The Corporation’s lotteries are making their entrance into the virtual business world in an era where online purchasing is becoming increasingly popular. The Mise-o-jeu lottery, which is based on sports and statistics, was the obvious choice as the first of the Corporation’s online activities.
If not already registered, sports betting fans can open their account on Espacejeux and enjoy Loto-Québec’s user-friendly and dynamic online gaming site. They will then be ready to place their bets starting Monday, March 26th, just in time for the baseball season and the National Hockey League playoffs.
To place a Mise-o-jeu bet online, players must first become members of Espacejeux by registering in accordance with security standards and rules established by Loto-Québec. Registration only takes a few minutes to complete. Note that Loto-Québec has implemented a set of verification and prevention measures on its site, including a check of players’ identity and age, and particularly ensuring that they are residents of Québec and are over 18 years of age. This service is carried out by an external firm.
Starting March 26th, upon confirmation of account opening on Espacejeux, sports betting enthusiasts may make their predictions and place bets by clicking on the Purchase Online button.
Wins will be deposited directly in the bettor’s account. However, prizes worth $50,000 or more must be claimed at Loto-Québec offices.
In 10 days’ time, Mise-o-jeu players will have a range of options: betting online on Espacejeux from their computer, their tablet or smartphone; placing a bet with one of our 8,600 retailers; or preparing their predictions on the miseojeu.com site and validating them at a Loto-Québec point of sale.
The advent of the web has changed the face of business, and Loto-Québec must keep up with the times. We must not forget that Quebecers are exposed to over 2,000 illegal online gaming sites that are not regulated and whose integrity is often doubtful. It is Loto-Québec’s mandate to channel and supervise games of chance while increasing the Corporation’s efficiency and overall performance.
Consequently, following the example of other Canadian lottery corporations, specifically those in the Atlantic provinces and British Columbia that have been offering their products online for almost 8 years, Loto-Québec is now meeting the expectations of sports event bettors, a clientele mainly made up of men aged between 18 and 49 years who are frequent users of the web.
Mise-o-jeu on Espacejeux starting March 26th
- What’s New
- To place a Mise-o-jeu bet online, players must open an account on Espacejeux or already be a client of Loto-Québec’s transactional site.
- Online betting does not require a ticket.
- Wins of less than $50,000 are deposited directly to the player’s Espacejeux account.
- A tab enables players to view their history of bets, wins, closed bets and ongoing bets.
- General Information
- Gaming times are the same as at the 8,600 retailers, i.e. from 5 a.m. to midnight.
- To place a Mise-o-jeu bet online, players must be 18 years or older and residents of Québec.
- The minimum number of predictions is two and the maximum is eight.
- Bet offerings and odds are updated regularly throughout the day.
- The rate of return typically varies from 60% to 67%.
- The clientele is mainly made up of men aged between 18 and 49 years.
- Annual Mise-o-jeu sales for Loto-Québec are approximately $50 million.
- The average bet is $9.40.