PromaxBDA, the association dedicated to the success of marketing, promotion and design professionals in entertainment and the interactive community, has announced the finalists for the Game Marketing Awards, the first and only annual awards competition established to honor the finest work created by the marketing professionals in the game marketing community.
Winners for the Game Marketing Awards will be announced at the Game Marketing Awards Ceremony taking place immediately following the Game Marketing Summit, a full day event that brings together the leading companies and industry brand and marketing executives for discussion, deliberation and debate around the issues and opportunities in the video game entertainment industry. The Summit and Awards will take place on April 17 in San Francisco at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts.
“The Game Marketing Awards offer nominees and winners the opportunity to be recognized and celebrated among the industry’s best and brightest,” said Jonathan Block-Verk, president and CEO of PromaxBDA. “We’ve seen some amazing work this year in our most competitive and entered competition to date.”
- Sharpest Live Action Award: Purity First Trailer for Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Square Enix
- Best Use of Sound: Assassin’s Creed Revelations International TV30 – The Ant Farm
- Best Copywriting For A Video Asset: Purity First Trailer for Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Square Enix
- Outstanding Overall Marketing Campaign Of The Year: EA Sports Fifa 12 Soccer – Heat
- Outstanding Overall Marketing Campaign – General Entertainment: 2011 Just Dance Campaign – Ubisoft
- Best Limited or Collector’s Edition: Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine Limited Collector’s Edition: THQ & Hamagami/Carroll, Inc.
- Don’t You Wish You’d Thought Of This: EA Sports NHL 12 Legends Unveil – EA
- Best Showing At A Trade Event: “The Bioware Base” Our Mass Effect 3 Presence At Comic-Con – Bioware and EA
- Outstanding Promotional Trailer: Purity First Trailer for Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Square Enix
- Best Game Footage Trailer: Assassin’s Creed Revelations Multiplayer Trailer 1 “Prestige” – The Ant Farm
- Best Co-Branding And Video Asset: Assassin’s Creed Revelations Meets Workaholics – Ubisoft and Comedy Central