Vancouver’s InfoLogic, Inc. has released MathMagic Personal Edition 8.0, a major update to their award-winning, professional equation editor for Mac OS X. This version now supports Apple’s new iBooks Author, as well as other iApps, including Pages, Numbers, and Keynote.
The upgrade also includes:
* new Math body text fonts and improved symbol fonts
* drag & drop support for PDF equations
* improved Math Styles
* fine control
Selected for use by thousands of large publishers and university presses around the world, MathMagic offers hundreds of mathematical expressions and symbols, reads LaTeX and MathML, and saves in high quality formats.
iBooks Author, Apple’s recently released free application for OS X, promises to accelerate the iPad revolution in education. According to Apple, the new app allows users to easily create “beautiful Multi-Touch textbooks – and just about any other kind of book – for iPad. With galleries, video, interactive diagrams, 3D objects, and more, these books bring content to life in ways the printed page never could.” MathMagic Personal Edition 8.0 complements the ease of use offered by iBooks Author, and facilitates the creation of new textbooks that incorporate equations and scientific symbols, as well as the conversion of print textbooks for the iPad.
With its superior quality and productivity, MathMagic is the choice of many professors, students, scientists, engineers, and school districts that rely on it for their math communication and publications. MathMagic’s equation quality is unsurpassed and designed to meet stringent, high-end DTP requirements. MathMagic Pro Editions allow graphic designers to write, edit, and save equations directly in InDesign or QuarkXPress documents without going through an export/import step.
* Intuitive Graphic User Interface
* Intelligent WYSIWYG editor with auto formatting
* Well organized palettes of Templates and Symbols
* Beautiful interface Beautiful equations
* Many predefined keyboard shortcuts and User definable shortcuts
* Drag & Drop and Copy & Paste to other applications
* Multiple Undo/Redo, View magnification up to 3200%
* Multiple StyleSets for group-wide sharing of settings
* Fine adjustment for template shapes, gaps, and locations
* Variety of Fonts bundled and all System fonts supported
* EPS, PICT, WMF, PNG, GIF, JPEG, TIFF, Wiki, TeX, PDF support for compatibility with other software
* Multiple Units, and high resolution up to 2300dpi for DTP users
* Ideal for use in Science, Physics, Electronics, Statistics, Accounting, and Mathematics
* Supports iBooks Author, iWorks, PDF, HTML, MS Word & Powerpoint, QuarkXPress, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop, LaTeX, and MathML
* Dozens of additions and improvements in Version 8.0
“There is no other equation editor available that offers the power, ease of use, flexibility, and equation quality of MathMagic Personal Edition 8.0,” stated Charlie Lee of InfoLogic. “MathMagic products work seamlessly with iBooks Author, iWork, Adobe InDesign, and QuarkXPress.”
* U.S. English, Japanese, and Korean
* Mac OS X 10.4 or later (Lion compatible)
* Universal binary for PPC or Intel
* 5 MB RAM
* About 30 MB hard disk space
* Windows XP or later including Vista and 7
* Pentium or faster
* 5MB of available memory
* About 30 MB of hard disk space
MathMagic Personal Edition 8.0 is available now for $69 USD ($49 for Academic). MathMagic Personal Edition 8.0 with 2-years of free updates and free tech support is $89 ($69 for Academic). MathMagic Pro 8.0 for InDesign and MathMagic Pro 8.0 for QuarkXPress are $499 each ($299 for Academic). All MathMagic installers come with a fully functional trial period of up to 50 equations.