Capcom and Slant Six Games have confirmed Heroes Mode, another of the online competitive multiplayer modes for the upcoming third person team based shooter Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, due out on March 20th for Xbox 360 and PS3, with a PC version to follow.
In Heroes Mode players will be able to compete in four vs. four multiplayer with classic Resident Evil characters including Leon. S Kennedy, Jill Valentine, Hunk and Ada Wong. Players will assume the role of either the good or bad guys and compete against each other in a battle for survival. But it’s not that simple. Adding a twist to the traditional TPS gameplay, players will not only need to defeat the opposing team but also zombies and B.O.W’s delivering a compelling triple threat battle.
Key Game Features
- Team based shooter set in the dark and sinister Resident Evil universe
- Triple threat battle as zombies and B.O.W’s add to the action
- Return of favorite RE enemies, including Hunters, Tyrants and the Nemesis
- Risk infection from the hordes of zombies, zombie dogs and lickers. Fight to survive with anti-viral sprays, your character’s special skills or help from field scientist Bertha before your character’s condition worsens, turning you into a violent zombie who will attack your own team members
- Compete with up to three friends as an Umbrella Security Service squad member in Campaign mode
- Choose from six U.S.S characters, each with their own unique skill set and roles.
- Features iconic landmarks and RE classic characters, such as Leon S. Kennedy and Hunk.
- Rewrite the history of the Raccoon City outbreak. Destroy all evidence of Umbrella’s involvement at the City Hall and discover UBCS operative Nicholai Ginovaef’s true intentions
- Explore Raccoon City, collecting evidence and intel to report back to Umbrella command