Vancouver’s Themis Solutions’ web-based practice management application Clio is celebrating its third anniversary. In the years since its launch, Clio has proudly helped to transform the legal practice management landscape by offering small and mid-sized firms unprecedented ease-of-use, affordability and practice mobility with its cloud-based system.
Clio’s valued customer base now numbers in the thousands, and the company has grown from three to nearly fifty employees since its launch. Users of Clio are now managing over 3.5 million contacts, 750,000 matters, 1.5 million documents and 600,000 e-mails using the system, and firms have efficiently billed over $275,000,000 using Clio’s time and billing features.
“We’re truly thankful to our customers and partners for helping make Clio the success story it is today,” said Jack Newton, Clio’s Founder and CEO. “We set out on a mission three years ago to revolutionize legal practice management, and it makes me happy to see the impact we’ve made in such a short timespan.”
In the past year, Clio has launched the Clio Bar Affinity Program, which provides members of participating Bar Associations an ongoing discount on Clio. An increasing number of prestigious bar associations, including the New York State Bar Association, have signed onto the program, and member response has been exceptional. In addition, Clio’s Educational Use Program, which provides qualifying educational institutions with free access to Clio, continues to see rapid adoption and has recently been rolled out at several top law schools including Washington University in St. Louis, University of Iowa; University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill; American University School of Law; and University of Maryland School of Law.
Today, Clio is also announcing several new features and a customer referral program.
Highlights of this announcement include:
- NetDocument Integration: Tight integration with NetDocuments, the leader in cloud-based content management for legal professionals.
- Dropbox Integration: Clio now provides the deepest integration with Dropbox on the market. Seamlessly sync your Dropbox documents with Clio’s document management system.
- Box.net Integration: Clio users can now easily access their Box.net documents via Clio’s document management system.
- Improved User Interface: Clio’s interface has been upgraded to provide a better user experience.
- Clio Referral Program: Clio’s growth has come largely from excellent word-of-mouth. Clio is happy to introduce a formal Client Referral Program that recognizes customer referrals by providing clients with one free user month per referral.