The much anticipated arrival of the IKEA Catalogue landing on five million doorsteps across Canada is finally here. This year’s Catalogue, like the 60 before it, is full of smart solutions, inspiring rooms and insights into life at home. From the leading home furnishing experts in the world, comes a handbook to maximizing space at home.
The 2012 IKEA Catalogue will not only be delivered to homes across Canada, it will also be available through several digital channels. The complete Catalogue will be available on the IKEA Canada web site as of today. An IKEA catalogue iPhone and Android application are also available today, with the addition of an iPad application in the Fall. IKEA is also introducing for the first time a Catalogue Widget that will allow bloggers and other websites to host the Catalogue (I couldn’t find a link for it, so this feature may not yet be live). Shoppers can also order a print copy of the Catalogue to be delivered via snail mail.
“No matter what size our homes are, none of us ever seem to have enough space,” says Kerri Molinaro, President, IKEA Canada. “There is no doubt that a small space requires creative thinking, but even big spaces can be challenging as our lives grow and we have more things to store.”
In the 2012 catalogue, readers will find a strong focus on the IKEA commitment to create a better life at home through:
- Graphic patterns add interest and texture. Toss in a little style with the new EIVOR cushion (page 23, $12.99)
- Nothing says luxury like a gorgeous quality sofa. Sit back and relax in the new TIDAFORS sofa (page 25, $699)
- The new VARMLUFT paper shade (page 45, $5) is perfect for creating a light and airy feeling
- Celebrate the softer side of style with the new OPPDAL bed frame (page 170, $349/Queen with drawers). It is perfect for leaning back and reading a good book
- The shape of the ISALA series (page 71, coffee table $249) is inspired by older Swedish furniture, with modern twists like thicker legs
- Building BILLY bookcases (page 27, $69.99) around a window or above a door is one way to use overlooked wall space and fit more in your room
- Double duty products that deliver more function such as the KIVIK sofa and seating series (page 57, loveseat and chaise $1179) offer built-in storage in addition to durability and good looks
- MELLTORP dining table (page 99, $39.99) goes from compact to ready-for-friends when paired next to the NORBERG wall-mounted drop-leaf table
- Combine traditional looks in a cozy workstation – HEMNES secretary with add-on unit (page 245, $275 for grey/brown) complete with built-in cable management for collecting cables and cords out of sight – that fits right in with your living room
- Innovative production techniques call for fewer resources and help reduce waste. The materials for STUVA storage boxes (page 275, storage bench with box $119.00 each) are produced using the innovative “board on stiles” production method, making them not only faster to manufacture but also lighter in weight, resulting in fewer shipments and more savings passed along to the customer
- Speaking of savings, our new expanded LED lighting range, including our TIVED work lamp (page 347, $29.99), help reduce household energy use (LED lighting is about 85% more efficient than incandescent lighting)