Canadian publisher Meridian4 is excited to announce the release and availability of the first official add-on to Arma 2 – Operation Arrowhead in the form of DLC named Arma 2 – British Armed Forces. The downloadable content is now available on their site for $9.99.
“We are really excited to work with Bohemia Interactive to bring this new content to gamers,” said Steve Milburn, Marketing Director, of Meridian4. “With new playable content and new weapons, vehicles and units, Arma 2 : British Armed Forces is a great addition to the Arma 2 family.”
“The ongoing enthusiasm and incredible passion of our community continues to inspire and encourage us” said Marek Spanel, Bohemia’s CEO, “to that end, we’re excited to invite them back to Takistan for another slice of tactical action. This downloadable content is both an answer to their wishes and evidence of our commitment to providing quality post release support and content to the already huge Armaversum.”
Less than two months after Operation Arrowhead successfully routed the Takistani military regime, NATO coalition forces face a large-scale outbreak of guerilla insurgency. A mechanized force of British troops are about to deploy and embark upon a large-scale counter-insurgency campaign, which will define the future of the coalition presence in Takistan: Operation “Crimson Lance”.
The development of the brand new content has demanded engine updates, resulting in unique features and new gameplay options. The fully modeled artillery and mortar strikes, and the extension of the engineer class to include new duties – such as vehicle repair and bomb disposal – add a new depth of realism to the most authentic mil-sim available. This brand new faction, with a large number of units, vehicles and models, will redouble the allied efforts in this volatile Central-Asian nation.
Along with the DLC and a must for its installation, Bohemia have also released Patch v1.54 for Arma 2 – Operation Arrowhead. Along with a variety of tweaks and fixes, this patch brings a number of specific new features, such as: a taste of the British Armed Forces units, vehicles and weapons; improvements and fixes alongside engine upgrades with the extension of the Engineer’s role and the ability for players to effectively operate and command artillery and mortar units.
Arma 2 – British Armed Forces key features:
* New vehicles and weapons
* Modern British troops in multi-terrain, desert and woodland camouflage
* Personal weapons: L85A2 and L86A2 rifles, L110A1 machine gun, LRR and AW50 sniper rifles, N-LAW AT launcher
* New vehicles: Jackal 2 MWMIK all-terrain vehicle, modernized FV510 Warrior
* New helicopters: AH11 Wildcat (multi-role), HC3 Merlin (transport)
* British versions: off-road car, Chinook HC2 transport helicopter, Apache AH1 gunship
* Desert and woodland paint schemes of the ground vehicles
* New single player campaign
* Player will command a mobile observation team of British troops into battle with Takistani insurgents. Short campaign will focus on depicting asymmetrical warfare with a guerilla force and counterinsurgency operations.
* Multiplayer modes
* Cooperative scenarios featuring the British units, vehicles and equipment.
* Engine Improvements
* Extension of the Engineer’s role
* Ability for players to effectively operate and command artillery and mortar units.
Set in the visually attractive environment of rugged Central Asia, Arma 2: British Armed Forces will add even more depth to the already extensive size of the most realistic combat simulation experience available. Unprecedented freedom of movement, action and tactics – together with hundreds of models and epic sandbox-style maps – creates the most authentic military simulation game: war without the training wheels.
Intel Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz
1 GB (2 GB for Multiplayer)
Nvidia Geforce 8600GT or ATI Radeon 3650 or faster with Shader Model 3 and 512 MB VRAM
DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
550 MB free disk space
Requires Arma 2 – Operation Arrowhead installed on your PC
Requires Arma 2 – Operation Arrowhead Patch V1.54 to be installed