Montreal – Software publisher Strategy First Inc, and Valve Corporation, a developer of leading-edge technology and software announce that “9th Company: The Roots Of Terror” is now available for worldwide pre-order on Steam®, Valve’s leading platform for digital content distribution and management. Anyone ordering the title between Dec.3, 2009 and Dec.10, 2009 will receive a 20% discount.
“9th Company: The Roots of Terror is an exciting title whose subject matter is relevant to millions of families today.” Said Strategy First Director Emanuel Wall “We feel that this title will offer hundreds of hours of game play while at the same time reminding each of us the sacrifice that many men and women in uniform carry out on a daily basis.
“9th Company: The Roots of Terror” is an action driven Real Time Strategy game based on the actual events that took place during the Soviet Union military campaign in Afghanistan under the Reagan administration.
“9th Company: The Roots of Terror” features include:
* Warfare on two tactical levels: use the area operations map to choose your mission or explore 12 unique and highly detailed tactical maps of Afghanistan.
* Stunning 3D graphics and a spectacular physics engine guarantee a one-of-a-kind experience in destroying any mechanized unit or building.
* Merit reward and in-combat morale system for every character and advanced hit location system for mechanized units make tactical battles even more realistic.
* A complex system of tactical behavior and firepower control for mechanized infantry, assault, reconnaissance and special operations units. More than 80 different unit types.
* Nonlinear mission structure.
* System of experience gain – the crew now become more and more experienced with every battle. A possibility of forming an elite military unit is available in the requisition screen.
* Windows XP SP2/Vista
* Intel Pentium 4 2400 MHz and higher
* 1024 Mb (2048 Mb for Windows Vista)
* 3D accelerator with 128Mb video memory (NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or ATI Radeon 9800 Pro and higher)
* DirectX-compatible sound card
* Keyboard, mouse
* DirectX 9.0 or higher