Vancouver – Why are ideas like measles, waffles and mirrors? Why do successful people generally fail more often than less successful ones? At Vancouver Innovation Camp, you’ll discover how the answers to these questions are related to entrepreneurial thinking. Build your creativity and innovation skills by participating in activities designed to inspire your inner entrepreneur, without the boring lectures.
Participants practice skills such as identifying opportunities, learning from failure, resourcefulness, collaborating with a team and adapting to changing environments. You’ll connect with brilliant people and work together to build on great ideas and find innovative solutions to real world challenges. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit!
One of the event’s organizers, Nicole Sheldrake, said that the first Innovation Camp, which was held October 13 – 19th, was so successful, they’ve decided to do it again.
“Innovation Camp 1 had 18 participants from diverse backgrounds such as a VP, graphic designer, manager, musician, lawyer, student, web designer, strategic analyst, to mention a few. Participants loved connecting with new people from outside their field of work and they felt re-charged at the end of it. The participants had many chances to be creative and collaborate, and in doing the activities, they learned new ways to find solutions to problems, with the overall objective being to see problems as opportunities. In addition, the group raised $5000 for the Vancouver Food Bank in 7 hours! They were assigned a task at 11am and by 6pm had raised $5000 using their creativity and entrepreneurial skills.”
At Innovation Camp you will:
- learn techniques to view problems from fresh perspectives in order to identify opportunities
- apply those techniques in entrepreneurial situations and reflected on what was learned in the process
- receive clear, concise feedback on your ability to work as part of a team
- analyze and learn from failures in your own and others lives
- have fun!
Price (for all 3 days): $125.00 CAD for early bird tickets(purchased before Nov 10th), $149 for regular price tickets (after Nov 10th)
Location: Kontent Creative offices, 55 Water St, Vancouver, Canada
Workshop Dates and Times:
- November 24, Tuesday, 6:30pm – 9:30pm (includes sandwiches and a drink)
- November 26, Thursday, 6:30pm – 9:30pm (includes sandwiches and a drink)
- November 28, Saturday, 10:00am – 6:00pm (*all day workshop, includes sandwiches and a drink)
(Each day builds on the activities of the prior, 14 hours total)