Toronto – Interactive Ontario today announced that GameON: Finance 2009 will take place October 27 & 28 in Toronto. This two-day investment summit is designed to bring investors and video game developers together to explore financing possibilities for the Ontario games industry. This year, Jason Della Rocca, Senior Consultant for Perimeter Partners and former Executive Director of the International Game Developers Association, will head up the GameON: Finance advisory board.
Event attendees will receive access to special features including case studies, business discussions, examples of successful corporate models, project financing ideas and one-on-one meetings between developers and financiers. More information can be found at www.gameonfinance.com as it becomes available.
Who attends GameON: Finance
• Canadian and international games companies
• Angels, Venture Capitalists, Equity Investors
• Financial Services
• Retail Banks
• Management consultants for the games industry
• Public bodies engaged in production, R&D, and other financing
• Financial services companies
• Media and entertainment companies looking for new opportunities
• Publishers and distributors
• Tax credit experts, law firms with media practices and investment services
• Economic development officers interested in developing knowledge economy jobs for their jurisdictions
About GameON: Finance
GameON: Finance is an investment forum for the interactive games industry that connects game developers, innovators, investors and industry leaders. Over the course of two days in downtown Toronto, case-studies and panel sessions will provide insight on the diverse prospects for growth within the dynamic economic, creative and technological landscape of games.