Toronto – The Adventure Company and JoWooD Productions, leading publishers of adventure games worldwide, are pleased to announce The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft is under development for Wii™ set to be released September 2009.
The Adventure Company and JoWooD have a partnership with Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing to develop a series of interactive games based on the works of the popular boy detectives. The company released The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft for Windows® in 2008.
The Hardy Boys for Wii is an excellent choice in games suitable for the whole family. It incorporates an enjoyable story, likable characters and challenging puzzles,” said Dan Dawang, Product Manager at The Adventure Company. “It’s a non-violent video game option that players of all ages and fans of The Hardy Boys book series can become a part of with the immersive gameplay style of Wii.”
The vault at Spencer Mansion is robbed, and the Bayport Police call on the Hardy Boys to help tie-up some loose ends – but they soon find themselves in the middle of a major criminal investigation that takes them on an adventure all over Bayport, and even into New York City! But the pieces don’t add up, and Frank and Joe find themselves embroiled in a drama of sinister proportions. Is the recent theft linked to something from the past? Can Frank and Joe find and decipher the clues in time to prevent another crime from happening?
- Features the voice and likeness of Hollywood teen stars Jesse McCartney and Cody Linley as Frank and Joe Hardy
- Play as Two of History’s Most Famous Literary Detectives and interact with Fenton and Laura Hardy, the Hardy Boys’ friend Chet Morton and others
- Experience the Hardy World on your Wii – the literary world of the Hardy Boys is brought to life! Check out the Hardy Home, Bayport Police Station and the various places most have only experienced through the pages of a book
- Cell Phone Feature – use your cell phone to give pal Nancy Drew and other characters a call and get insight on the case
- Search For Clues – super-sleuth your way to solving the small mysteries along the way as you help the Bayport Police catch the culprit
- Mystery Solving Mini-Games – each mini-game solved throughout the investigation gives players valuable pieces of evidence to help solve the case
- Choose Your Dialogue – choose from a variety of responses to make your Hardy Boys’ experience your own!
The ESRB rating is ‘E10+’. The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft for Wii will sell for an SRP of $29.99 USD.