World War III is only a mouse click away… Supreme Ruler 2020 expansion – Global Crisis announced
Ontario – Paradox Interactive today announced a new expansion pack for the Geo-Political, Military Strategy game Supreme Ruler 2020, developed by BattleGoat Studios.
“This is the first time we’ve developed an expansion pack and we wanted to ensure that we had significant new content for our dedicated players to enjoy,” remarked David Thompson, BattleGoat’s Lead Designer and Co-Founder.
“At the core of the expansion pack, we created a whole new sandbox style campaign that paints a new and far more intricate portrayal of the world of 2020 based on many of the ominous events from recent real-world headlines. Anyone who’s played our game knows that the possibilities to change the underlying storyline for new play experiences are limitless. There’s always something going on in the world, thanks to human nature, that can easily escalate into a conflict.”
In addition to this expanded game play element,
Global Crisis includes many new features:
– 20 new scenarios which more than doubles the number of scenarios that originally shipped with the game
– Additional new multiplayer scenarios
– New campaign/sandbox map along a new storyline leading players towards World War III
– New scenario features including scripted and random events
– Improved unit control and grouping
– Expanded tech tree
– New units and unit meshes
– Additional game lobby options
– Graphic improvements
– AI enhancements
– More tutorials and in-game tips
– User interface improvements
Global Crisis is scheduled for a digital download release via GamersGate during the latter half of Q4, 2008 and will require Supreme Ruler 2020 to play. Supreme Ruler 2020 was released in June 2008.