Indie Game Developer XGen Studios Challenges Players to Defend Your Castle
Edmonton, Canada – Repel attacks from swarms of invaders, earn powerful spells, and gain upgraded arsenals with the release of XGen Studios‘ hit WiiWare™ title, Defend your Castle™. Developed by a small team with big ideas, the game invites up to 4 players to become commanders of their kingdom and fight off relentless hordes of invading enemies through a mixture of cooperative and competitive play. Immense masses of invaders employ many types of soldiers in their quest to seize the domain. Will players and their courts rise to the challenge, or stand aside as they raze the castle to the ground?
XGen Studios Inc., acclaimed casual game developer, is pleased to announce the release of Defend your Castle on Nintendo’s downloadable game service WiiWare in Europe & Australia today.
Built from the ground up to leverage the unique capabilities of Wii™, Defend your Castle incorporates the following features:
· 4 Player jump-in cooperative gameplay – Players defend their castles with up to 3 other pals.
· Compete for Kingship with friends – Get crowned for dominating other players, and earn the right to manage the Kingdom.
· Upgrade the kingdom with fortified walls, the archery range, mage tower, stone-mason’s workshop, and demolition laboratory.
· Strengthen forces by converting soldiers and assigning them specific roles within the castle.
· Unlimited levels – Continue to grow the strength of the Kingdom indefinitely.
· “Heroic” difficulty mode for players of royal descent.
“We’re pleased to announce that Defend Your Castle, which has enjoyed a Top-3 spot on the North American charts since its release, is now available in Europe & Australia” said Jordan Dubuc, director of operations for XGen.
Skye Boyes, founder of XGen Studios, says “we made DyC to be the game we wanted to play; its great to see that Wii™ owners share the same enthusiasm for Defend your Castle as the team that built it.”
Defend Your Castle in North America has been met with much critical acclaim, with Wired Magazine exclaiming “Defend Your Castle is five bucks worth of awesome”, while IGN’s review calls Defend Your Castle “a fun WiiWare game and a perfect example of what the service can bring to Wii owners”.
For additional information about Defend your Castle and other XGen Studios titles, please visit XGenStudios.com